We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish and chips take away?

T O
London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Fish and chips take away?

I visited St Peter Port years ago and had an enormous portion of fish and chips in a traditional chippy/cafe - the shop was narrow, mostly serving take-away customers, and I think it was within a 5-10 minute walk of St Julian's Pier. It was not fancy/pretentious in the slightest.

Does anyone know where I'm talking about? I'm planning to walk the entire south coast on Saturday and a massive portion of food will be in order.

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fish and chips take away?

My guess would be the Chip Inn in Fountain Street, just up the road from the Town Church. Depending how far you're going along the south coast there is another chippy by the airport which is newly opened and is very very good :-)

maidstone
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fish and chips take away?

Is there a take away fish and chip shop in st martins guernsey

Thank you

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
320 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish and chips take away?

Nip down to the Forest chippy just past the airport; turn right at the "filter in turn" and you'll find it. On our first night we got four meals for the four of us, insane amount of high quality food. On our last night we went there again and got two meals, we still couldn't eat it all! In spite of having a twenty year old who can eat for England with us.

Not much help for the original poster, sorry.

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Fish and chips take away?

I'm going to Guernsey for the first time. Really want to eat fish&chips served the old way - wrapped in newspaper and eat with your fingers. Is there such a place.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fish and chips take away?

Traditional newspaper no longer, but a memorable experience is to go to Cobo on west coast - purchase your fish and chips (in blank newspaper!), - cross the road, walk down the slipway and eat your wonderful fare on the beach, your choice of pebbles or sand, with a fantastic panorama and watch the amazing sunsets. A 'must do' when visiting Guernsey.

Reply to: Fish and chips take away?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St Peter Port