We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea tractor to Burgh Island

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sea tractor to Burgh Island

Please could you inform of the cost of using the sea tractor and also let me know whether dogs are allowed?

Also is it possible to visit the Art Deco hotel just for lunch or afternoon tea?

Thank you. Patricia Young.

6 replies to this topic
East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea tractor to Burgh Island

See this thread !

tripadvisor.co.uk/…34311727

Mike

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea tractor to Burgh Island

Dogs are allowed on it, and when it is running it costs £2 per trip each way, don't think they charge for dogs ;-).

The only time the resturant at the hotel allows non residents to eat there is Sunday lunch but I can't imagine dogs would be welcome though. They are welcome at the Pilchard Inn the pub linked to the hotel on the Island but you can't book there unless you are a hotel guest.

Dartmoor National...
Level Contributor
139 posts
1,297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea tractor to Burgh Island

Pretty much the above post is correct. You won't be allowed a dog in the hotel but in the pub it should be fine. £2 is also right, but I wouldn't be surprised if they charged for dogs. At lunch time you might be lucky enough to be able to walk over anyway depending on the tides.

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea tractor to Burgh Island

<<Pretty much the above post is correct>> Very kind of you not sure where I am wrong though ;-)

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea tractor to Burgh Island

Thank you Mikey, Emma and Champp for the information. Will be visiting the island mid November with two friends from London and will be able to take my dog! Very helpful ! PatriciaYoung.

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea tractor to Burgh Island

Patricia we are going to be back down in Nov so if you see a couple with 2 mad Gordon Setters and a German Wirehaired Pointer on any beach say hello!

Reply to: Sea tractor to Burgh Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Burgh Island
Recent Conversations
More Burgh Island Topics