We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Which Okehampton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
whittlesey
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

Hi

My husband and i and my mother who is 79 and who has some walking difficulties are coming in june for two days but are unsure where to stay.

Ideally a walk in shower would be good.

We will be leaving my mother in the day as we are visiting some family members of my husband as he was born in okehampton but now lives in cambridgeshire. We dont think she would like going here and there all day.

She would be fine having a walk around as she has a mobility walker with a seat on it so she can rest when she needs to.

I hope you can suggest a few places for us.

Thank you.

Jane and Richard

4 replies to this topic
Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

Hello Jane and Richard,

GIven the specific needs you describe, I would suggest a call on Monday to the Tourist Information in Okehampton should be a useful first step: www.okehamptondevon.co.uk/index.php

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

Check out the website www.dartmoor.com they have a list of all the accommodation providers in the Dartmoor Area

Okehampton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

Hi Jane & Richard.

I live in a small village just outside Okehampton where we have a number of B&B's very picturesque thatched village with medieval church.

Some very good friends of mine own Brook Cottage B&B next to the river Lew, very homely, good food and fantastic company... I'm biased I know lol. anyway give them a bell there website is http://www.brookcottagenorthlew.co.uk/

Have a great stay.

Chris & Jay xox

Okehampton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

Oops forgot to mention the village is called Northlew - 15 minutes to Okehampton on Dartmoor.

Reply to: where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Okehampton
Recent Conversations