We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Devon cliffs, is it good for dogs?

Worcstershire
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Devon cliffs, is it good for dogs?

Hi everyone, I've booked a 2week holiday in early July for me, my other half & our pet Rottweiler, we have booked a private van in nutwell glade & I was just wondering what it is like for dog walking? & what is the Exmouth beach like? We like to take the dog to the beach & spend a couple of hours there as he only goes swimming if we go in with him & he just likes to sunbathe with us (lazy dog) I always worry about places being overcrowded with dogs as he just likes to be left alone to relax :)

Any info much appreciated

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Devon cliffs, is it good for dogs?

It's a few years since we went. I seem to remember you can get onto the coastal footpath straight from the site.

exmouth devon
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Devon cliffs, is it good for dogs?

Hi

You can take dogs on Exmouth beach from the last gryone by Orcombe point in to Rodney Bay and from the Octagon on Exmouth seafront down to the docks. You can not take dogs on to the beach at Devon Cliffs in July.

There is a lovely cliff path between Devon cliffs and exmouth and also in the other direction to Budleigh Salterton. There is a large amount of dog friendly beach at Budleigh but be aware it is also the same section as the nudist beach.

Lots of nearby attractions accept dogs including Exe fishing, Stuart Line Cruises, Exmouth Land train, Bicton Gardens,Donkey sanctuary and escot.

Exmouth has lots of dog friendly pubs including the grove, the beach and the harbour view cafe

enjoy your holiday!

Reply to: Devon cliffs, is it good for dogs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Exmouth