We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narracott

Which Woolacombe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hemel Hempstead...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Narracott

Anyone know when the Narracott is due to reopen ? Struggling to find any information online.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,811 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narracott

I found a YouTube vid from Dec '13 on my first search and a comment underneath posted TODAY reads

"I'm part of the design team currently working on the refurbishment, should be opened as serviced apartments, restaurant & bar - hopefully next year. Really eerie in it's current state, lots of damage from water leaks."

So that makes it next year 'hopefully'.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,811 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narracott

Simon, don't know if you are still there as you haven't replied but I drove past the appartments today and there were some people in one part, the part nearest the beach. It looked like that bit was refurbished, people sitting on the balconies and towels drying, but I don't know if they were perhaps owned appartments or rented.

Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Narracott

I stayed here in 2006 and got a severely haunted room, I don't know if anyone else experienced the same but it would be interesting to hear from anyone who has, its a shame its closed down, I only found out recently when I was googling about it being haunted then found out that it was now in a sorry state, it was a very nice hotel and the manager was great, the only thing that bothered me was the haunted room but I still had a great time in a lovely little seaside village, I can't remember the number of the room I stayed in but whatever was in there didn't make me feel welcome, I awoke several times to the lights and the TV switching on by themselves then the light fittings rattling violently and flickering, and constant knocking on the door in the early hours, there was a set of heavy doors that separated my room from the rest of the corridor and they were very noisy, every time the door knocked the doors on the corridor made no noise at all which didn't make sense and there were no footsteps either, I got out of bed really fast when it knocked again and there was nobody there, it was really frightening but now I look back on it, I find it quite intriguing.