We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi from Belfast city to Galgorm hotel?

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of taxi from Belfast city to Galgorm hotel?

Hello there. I am wondering if anyone knows the price of a taxi from Belfast city airport to Galgorm Hotel in Ballymena?

Many Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of taxi from Belfast city to Galgorm hotel?

As a rough estimate you are looking £30 - £40 id say, I live 10 miles out of belfast and a taxi home for me at night is anything from £10 - £14 so take it at about £1 per mile after a £3 initial charge. If you ring Value Cabs or Fona Taxi they will probably be able to give you an accurate estimate.

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of taxi from Belfast city to Galgorm hotel?

Again, thank you very much for your response.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of taxi from Belfast city to Galgorm hotel?

I think £30-£40 may be a bit optimistic - one thing you must do is book in advance - if you rely on the airport taxi's at the rank at the entrance/exit of the terminal you will pay considerably more

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of taxi from Belfast city to Galgorm hotel?

http://www.valuecabs.co.uk/

That's the link for valuecabs. I have to say that I think you would be doing very well to get it for £40 and it could be closer to £50. AA routeplanner gives the distance as 31.5 miles and from Valuecabs fares it's £2.40 for first 0.2 mile and £1.15 per mile thereafter with waiting time also charged.

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of taxi from Belfast city to Galgorm hotel?

Thanks guys. Seems an awful lot-think I will have to consider puting on a coach for people!!!!!!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of taxi from Belfast city to Galgorm hotel?

You could always get the bus from the airport to Glengall St bus station then get the train to Ballymena then a taxi to hotel, im sure you could do it for £10 to £15 per person one way.

check out the trains www.translink.co.uk

Bus leaves city airport every 30 minutes £2 one way £3 return.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of taxi from Belfast city to Galgorm hotel?

Unfortunately both airlines flying to Birmingham now go to Belfast City airport - until last year one when to City and one went to the International. The International is much closer to Ballymena.

Coach hire may well be worth considering. Valucabs do have 7 or 8 seater vehicles with slightly different fares so it is worth pricing if you have more than just a couple of you.

Reply to: Cost of taxi from Belfast city to Galgorm hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ballymena