We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Lynchburg

Which Lynchburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
176 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Lynchburg

This Saturday is the annual "Christmas in Lynchburg" festivites along with the holiday bottle signing at the Jack Daniel Distillery.

This is one of America's best small towns that knows how to throw a party.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Lynchburg

I wouldn't describe Christmas in Lynchburg as much of a party and it's certainly not one of the premier Christmas attractions/destinations in the state.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Lynchburg

Hey, Squire. I'm curious about something. Since the JD distillery is in a dry county, do you bring your own bottle for the signing since they only sell the commemorative bottle? Just wondering. We visited last spring, did the tour and had a grand time.

Spent Thanksgiving in Knoxville and we wandered over to Crossville to visit a friend. I'd forgotten that it's where Sgt. York hailed from. Had a nice time.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Lynchburg

Dear Tennessee Squire,

Two fellow Squires will be visiting Lynchburg this weekend (traveling from San Diego).

Just look for the Mutt and Jeff team (I'm the 6'7" one, and my friend is 5' 5"). What we share in common is our enjoyment of certain corn squeezings from Lynchburg, and thought it would be a fun pilgrimage.

Cheers!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
176 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Lynchburg

Peachy, I alway get couple of bottles when I visit.

coastermeister, leave the big city of Toney, AL and come on up to enjoy the small town charm.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Lynchburg

We have family in Lynchburg and spend a good bit of time there. Toney is actually much smaller than Lynchburg so I consider Lynchburg a big city. Don't believe everything they tell you on those distillery tours either.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Lynchburg

Christmas in Lynchburg planned

Moore County will celebrate the annual "Christmas In Lynchburg" festival on Saturday, with events including the town's Christmas parade, a separate children's parade, a puppet show, a tour of historic homes, "Breakfast with Santa" and a chili supper.

There will also be live performances of holiday music and bottle signings by Jack Daniel Distillery master taster George Stone.

Here's a schedule of events:

Trees of Christmas, all day, IBIS building

Arts and crafts display, all day, IBIS building

Special postal cancellation, 8 a.m.-noon, U.S. Post Office

Breakfast with Santa, 9-11:30 a.m., IBIS building on the square

FCE cookie sale, 9 a.m., IBIS building

Bottle signing by George Stone, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Jack Daniel Distillery visitors center

Tour of homes, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., tickets and maps at Moore County Jail Museum

Children's parade, 11 a.m., around the square

Turkey and dressing meal, 11 a.m., county building basement, served by Berry Chapel AME Church

Lynchburg Christmas parade, 1 p.m., starts at Lynchburg Elementary School, continues to the square and through town.

Handbell choir, 1:30 p.m., gazebo on the square, provided by Lynchburg First United Methodist Church

Puppet show, 2 p.m., First United Methodist Church, presented by S.H.I.N.E. Ministries

Dog contest, 2:30 p.m., gazebo. All dogs must be in Christmas costumes

Christmas Walk of Churches, 4:30 p.m., begins at Lynchburg Church of Christ, ends with refreshments at First UMC

Chili supper, 5 p.m., Lynchburg Elementary School

Holiday Harmonies concert, 7 p.m., Lynchburg Elementary School

For more information on the festival, call the Lynchburg Chamber of Commerce at (931) 759-4111.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
176 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in Lynchburg

coaster, I have family there also. We really enjoy going down to the farm riding horses and walking around the Indian mounds, then we go shopping at Hammer's in Winchester.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas in Lynchburg

Unfortunately Hammer's isn't what it used to be. If you've never been to the Swiss Pantry on 64 in Belvidere I highly recommend it. Granny Fishes just outside of Tullahoma has some of the best catfish and trout anywhere. Unfortunately they are only open Thursday thru Saturday and you won't find them by accident. Granny's is on Shipman's Creek Rd at Nut Cave trout farm off the Shelbyville Hwy. My wife's grandfather was one of the master distiller's years ago.

Get answers to your questions about Lynchburg
Recent Conversations
More Lynchburg Topics