We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hogmanay on Arran

Which Brodick hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hogmanay on Arran

Hi

I'm spending New Year on Arran and would value advice on where to go/eat over the two nights we'll be there. We're staying in Brodick and I don't really want to drive in the evenings, so restaurants in that area please.

Cheers

2 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hogmanay on Arran

Probably choose the ones that are *open*. That may limit your choice a lot! Many businesses close early on Hogmanay, so that the staff and proprietors can be with their families 'for the bells' - what we call actual arrival of the new year. Some also close on other dates around this period - both 1 and 2 January are public holidays in Scotland.

My advice would be to pick from the ones that are near your accommodation, then phone them up to check which ones are open on the nights you are there. You may well find out that that narrows things down a lot for you.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,591 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hogmanay on Arran

good advice above. i think the larger hotels will be open over the holiday, eg auchrannie, douglas, etc. might be worth checking with the ttourist office for others.

Reply to: Hogmanay on Arran
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brodick