We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moness country club

Which Aberfeldy hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bayside, New York
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
moness country club

Going to be there for a week in July...

any information would be great...places to eat? getting to glasgow and edinburgh from there? things to do in that area?

Thanks!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: moness country club

Denise353

Where to start!! Moness CC is just on the outskirts of Aberfeldy, easy walking distance to the town. In town you have the Watermill Book shop and cafe, Dewar World of Whisky, The Birks (Waterfall and walk) good selection of shops. The area outside the town offers everthing from white water rafting to many historic building and castles have a look at the Visit Scotland website www.visitscotland.com for more ideas. Glasgow and Edinburgh can both be reach in about 11/2 - 2hours from Aberfeldy by car if you do not wish to drive you can catch the train from Pitlochry to both cities, you can easily go down for a day trip.

Bayside, New York
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moness country club

thank you so much...I requested an information book on Scotland and am also going to do some research online.

We are planning on getting a car, but it's good to know that the train is an option also.

Thanks!

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moness country club

Perthshire is a wonderful County although I could be called biased!

Places to go include Edradour nr Pitlochry- Scotland's smallest distillery - the tour is free - tip go on a weekday as they don't distill at the weekends. On the way there you pass the Moulin Hotel which has it's own brewery and range of real ales.

Kenmore is not far away at the head of Loch Tay and is a picturesque little village -be sure to visit the Scottish Crannog Centre a reconstruction of an Iron Age stilt dwelling built over the water.

Half way along the loch is Ben Lawers which is Perthshire's highest mountain - a visitor centre tells the story of the mountain;s ecology and the views are wonderful.

The historic city of Perth has a compact little town centre with some interesting shops and nearby you have Scone Palace - site of the crowning place of scottish Kings for centuries.

There is a local tourist information centre in Aberfeldy and they will be able to give you information on walks and things to see and do - telephone 01887 820276

If you need any more specific information let me know and I shall do my best to help.

Southern California
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: moness country club

We stayed at Moness last month and loved both the area and the resort. It's a really beautiful area of Scotland. As some of the others have mentioned, the village of Aberfeldy is a very short walk. We had great pub food at The Fountain and also shopped at the supermarket across the street to fix meals in our cottage. The Watermill is a great bookshop, and there's a nice shop downstairs behind it called Homer, with pretty hand-crafted and unusual items. Stirling Castle is about the same distance (maybe a little less) as Edinburgh. Both were beautiful, and Stirling also has a nice exhibit of weavers who are recreating ancient tapestries for the castle walls. Have a wonderful trip and feel free to email with any specific questions about Moness.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: moness country club

Denise, we stayed at the moness CC in Sept. 2007 for one week and thoroughly enjoyed. We had rented a car and visited many towns and castles in the area. I've bumped up my trip report, it's quite long, but will give you an idea of the driving and what we had visited in the area. If you will be doing some driving go to www.theaa.com. You get print out directions and small maps of the destinations you wish to visit. We had purchased a map upon our arrival in Scotland but these mini maps and driving instructions from the aa were very helpful.

Bayside, New York
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: moness country club

Thanks so much for your reviews! I'm getting excited to go!

7. Re: moness country club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Aberfeldy
Recent Conversations