We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

Which Aberfeldy hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gods Country...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

Here's a recommendation I hesitate to give - simply because the place is very good, but has limited capacity.

Anyhoo if you are in the Aberfeldy area pop along the road to Kinlochard and try this place out - a little gem in a beautiful location.

We visited on a sunday and despite being three hairy bikers were warmly greeted (staff put up with our banter) and supplied with a great selection of food, that was delivered quickly and tasted as good as it smelt.

Great failities and parking.

Very highly recommended by me and the boys!! :)

Gods Country...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

Just spotted I put this in Aber feldy instead of Aberfoyle - apologies - but it still stands

iglooman1980
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

It's in Aberfoyle, not Aberfeldy. I would disagree most earnestly with your analysis of the tearoom. The produce on offer was expensive, overcooked and vere

y, very low quality. This was the cheapest food the tea room could buy, and you could tell. Moreover, I know a home made cake when I taste one. These cakes were pre-mixes, purchased cheaply from somewhere like Fife Creamery. Terrible place.

Scotland
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

I concur with the hairy bikers I turned up with four children and they were just putting FRESH Macaroni cheese in the oven!!

We waited and had this along with soup and FRESH bread

The Kids ate everything and the staff were fantastic!!

But I see it is up for sale hope the new owners take it on as is??!!

AYR SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

I would anticipate that the other 999 folk out of 1000 would find your 'informed' snarling instantly dismissable. Had you fallen in Loch Ard, or were you having a realy bad day? This place is a true gem I urge reviewers to try this place for yourself. Truly gorgeous homebaking and one of the warmest welcomes ever....

Hertfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

I agree that the person giving the very negative critique must have been to a very different place - or fallen in the Loch as suggested!!!

This was my second visit in two years to the tearoom ( we have a timeshare in nearby Forest Hills). What a fab place!! The cakes were all home made and delicious. The toasted sandwiches were huge and to die for - fresh bread, crisp and tasty salad - you've got to try them!!

The ladies give you a hearty Scottish welcome and nothing seems to be too much trouble.

Shame there aren't more places like this down here in the South - but i guess you also need a beautiful Loch to look out to to add to the experience.

I and my family would highly recommend a visit. I'll be there next Ovtober if not sooner. Well done to the lovely ladies at the Wee Blether. :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

Given that solobay's advice has always been spot-on in the past I wouldn't hesitate to take it.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

Like others I simply don't recognise iglooman's description. I've visited this wonderful place several times and it always delivers - wonderful goodies, served up by very friendly & courteous staff and with the most sublime view. Single portions could easily feed families!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

Right you experts.... I am about to open a tearoom in a highland destination and have been doing LOADS of research on what folk like about tearooms - so go on tell me! Be as specific as you like! Many Thanks

Edinburgh
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

Kinlochard's Wee Blether Tea Room provides excellent food, wonderful cakes and superb hospitality, all in generous proportions. I have been lucky enough to eat there on several occasions and would heartily recommend it to all.

AYR SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wee Blether Tea Room - Kinlochard

Will be returning to Forest Hills Resort 28th August for a week and look forward to frequenting the Wee Blether no doubt on a daily basis.

The tranquil picturesque setting is breathtaking and the food is simply sensational. Hope the scones are the same as last year, I refer to them as 'Turbo Scones' once tasted never forgotten and much longed for.

The staff are so friendly and a minefield of local information.

Have yet to try the macaroni cheese as mentioned by katiebongo but hopefully it'll be on the menu. The place impressed me so much that I penned a poem 'Tae The Blether.'

Have also yet to try one of the legendary full breakfasts as well.

Roll on August.......

Get answers to your questions about Aberfeldy
Recent Conversations