We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

glasgow
14 posts
Save Topic
breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

Hi,

Anyone stayed at the breadalbane hotel for a weekend. Can't find any reviews on this hotel and little bit worried about booking it without reviews. Good or bad reviews appreciated.

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

If you haven't already booked this hotel, I would suggest that you don't! Yesterday, Wednesday 20.09.2006, my parents came back early from what was supposed to be a week-long stay ... they lasted for two days!!

From what I understand, the food was inedible, the rooms were a disgrace ( they were shown three rooms, all of which were dingy and dirty ) and the blankets ( no duvets? ) and sheets were grubby with cigarette burns. Nice.

They were also told that they could take their dog, which was good, but when they checked out, they found that they had been charged £10.00 a night for this.

I would advise strongly against booking this hotel, as their list of complaints is too long to go into here, but which also included beds that were propped up on blocks of wood, no lightbulbs in any of the bathrooms and no heating that worked, despite it blowing a gale. The other residents were also apparently terrified to go into the dining room for their evening meal before 6.30pm, as this was strongly frowned upon by the staff, who were extremely unfriendly.

I believe that lots of other people also checked out early, so they obviously weren't alone in thinking that this place was the pits.

Hope this is useful to you.

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

I have heard horror stories about this place as well - they don't deserve to be in business...

How about the Moness Hotel also in Aberfeldy which is a 3 star and has a lovely leisure centre www.moness.com - the tourist information centre in Aberfeldy will be able to help they can be reached on 01887 820276 or aberfeldytic@visitscotland.com

glasgow
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

Thanks for your reply. Don't know what to do now as I have booked it. Paid £50 deposit. Is it nothing like their website shows ? We are only going for 2 nights don't know whether to just go ahead or cancel. What about the 4/5 course dinners that were mentioned. Disappointed but glad of this forum. I will never book up another hotel without visiting the reviews - that's me taught a lesson. Thanks again

ayr, scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

Did you go to the Breadalbane Hotel as we are thinking about going next year & if so what was your opinion

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,554 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

As it's been a year since mmcarthur posted in this forum I doubt that he is going to bother now. You could send him/her a personal message to ask about the Breadalbane. Click on his username and then on "send message".

Scotland
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

I would not recommend this hotel it is a bit run down and has not been renovated in years. If your on a budget try some of the B & Bs there are some really nice ones in the town or further out there is the Coshieville B & B which is getting a very good reputation in the area.

ayr, scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

Thanks, I think my mind is made up, won't be going to this hotel, will be looking for something else.

Bellshill
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

Oh dear, I really should have read this before I visited the Breadalbane. My son lives in feldy so we popped there for an overnight :(

Not to be done lightly,, although we did have an ok time we stayed out of desperation.

The rooms were ok,, very budget.. reflected in the price.

The bedding was clean but very dated, blankets and a throw, the room was slightly musty and the windows may not hold up to the elements.

Breakfast was ok,, again if I had paid a high price I would have expected much more,, the service was.... basic.

If u want a short, cheap overnight it'll do the job,, but for a more plush stay u should go elsewhere.

9. Re: breadalbane hotel aberfeldy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Aberfeldy
Recent Conversations