We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildside Highland Lodges

cheltenham
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wildside Highland Lodges

has anyone stayed at Greylag or Wintergreen lodge part of the wildside highland lodges? I specifcally would like to know what the view is like from of either of those two lodges. I gather there are lots of beautiful walks around the area, but are there any pubs, restaurants etc within walking distance? We will have a car, where's the nearest shop to stock up? thanks in advance, beccy.

9 replies to this topic
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
20,939 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildside Highland Lodges

It is certainly a lovely area and group of lodges. I can't think of the view from the specific lodges but I could pop in next week and check. The visitlochness.com/accommodation/whitebridge-… is pretty much within walking distance maybe half a mile away (I'll double check next week). Shops wise I would probably do my main stock up in Inverness but there is also a small shop in Fort Augustus and also one in Drumnadrochit for top ups. Any other questions on the area just ask.

p.s. Here's a winter scene of the glen where Whitebridge sits in flickr.com/photos/…set-72157625438816557

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,750 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildside Highland Lodges

Well there's service for you - Jock's going to go and check out the view!! Can't say better than that! And take your backpack with you Jock !! (nudge nudge, wink, wink - you know the one I mean!)

W x

J h
Inverness
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildside Highland Lodges

Hi Beccy,

I am the manager at Wildside and as such thought i might be able to help!

Both Greylag and Wintergreen have lovely views - Wintergreen has slightly more lawn space and is a little bit more secluded than Greylag, nonetheless both of them are beautiful.

The nearest shop is in Fort Augustus, however if you do an on-line shop with Tesco's you can book a delivery slot and if you let me know what time they are arriving I am more than happy to direct the delivery to your lodge.

The local pub and hotel is literally a 2 minute walk up the hill and has a good selection of food and ales for very reasonable prices. For restaurants further afield, you can find The Bothy and The Lock Inn both in Fort Augustus which also do excellent food. My personal favourite is called the Dores Inn which is on the way to Inverness and well worth a visit.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,939 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildside Highland Lodges

I am not a well qualified as JLH to answer :-) but I did pop down today (and did let them know why in case they wondered why I was looking round :-) ). As has already been said both have lovely views but Wintergreen does edge it as it is in the right in the corner with the edge of the garden overlooking the river. This also makes it more secluded with the hot tub looking right on to the hills. I am also told Wintergreen has a regular red squirrel visiting the feeding table in the garden.

Yes good news on the Whitebridge Hotel and the hill is shorter that I remembered making it just 100 yards from the Lodges. As has been mentioned they have a nice varied menu at very reasonable prices.

cheltenham
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wildside Highland Lodges

oh my goodness, thanks guys soooooooo much, you have been amazing, so helpful. i will be booking very soon. i really appreciate the efforts you went to Goanjock and great advice too from JLH. i am very grateful, thanks again, beccy xx

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,750 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wildside Highland Lodges

I would agree reeby that you got an excellent result there! I may look at this place myself for future reference. Have a great trip!

W x

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,939 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wildside Highland Lodges

You are very welcome, have a great trip and any other questions on the area just ask away :-).

You should check it out woody it is a lovely group of lodges ;-)

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wildside Highland Lodges

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at Tomatin lodge? Has it got a hot tub and what are the views like? Can't seem to find any reviews on them! We are staying in June and can't wait!

Thank you

Emma

9. Re: Wildside Highland Lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2013, 12:35

Reply to: Wildside Highland Lodges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Whitebridge