We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Torridon

scotland
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
The Torridon

I am going to the hotel in April 2014 and will be travelling by train from Queen Street Glasgow, can anyone advise the best way to get to the hotel.

Thanks very much

Sandie

10 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Torridon

Hi. To be honest, you need a car. You can get the train to Inverness and then take the Kyle of Lochalsh service to Strathcarron. From there it is approx 45 minute drive. There is a very sporadic local post bus service. I would contact the Torridon - as a luxury establishment fry may be able to help you out with station pick-up.

Abs :)

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
20,943 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Torridon

I was going to suggest something similar.....train to Achnasheen and then contact the hotel. Or go for a car hire from Inverness.

p.s. Fabulous hotel in a stunning location :-)

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
539 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Torridon

Holy COW that hotel is expensive, and even worse with the USD to pound conversion. But it looks beautiful.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,943 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Torridon

They also own The Inn right next door which caters for a different budget http://www.thetorridon.com/inn/ :-)

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Torridon

My friend (who is a life long lover and mountaineer of Torridon) is arranging to visit this spring and is splitting his stay - 3 nights in the Inn and 2 nights in the hotel which seems a good compromise to me.

Haven't stayed ourselves but called in late one night last Christmas while staying in Diabaig in the forlorn hope of getting something to eat. The staff were brilliant, we were too late for a meal at the hotel (and the Inn had already closed for the winter period) but they phoned around Shieldaig and Gairloch for us to check whether anywhere was still serving and then rustled up sandwiches and soup for us. Stunning hotel, beautiful area.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,955 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Torridon

You could walk from Achnasheen. I once met a couple of retired postmen doing that, and retracing old postal routes.

But a car would give more mobility......

scotland
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Torridon

Many thanks for your helpful replies, I will get in touch with the hotel.

I stayed there in 2003, we hired the hotel for the weekend for my daughters wedding, we had an amazing time, because it was only our family there so relaxed service was 1st class, so looking forward to going back.

Thanks again.

Sandie

scotland
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Torridon

Can anyone please tell me how far attadale station is from The Torridon hotel.

Thanks

Sandie

9. Re: The Torridon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 21:02

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,943 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Torridon

Achnasheen to Torridon is about 20 miles and Attadale to Torridon just under 30 miles

Reply to: The Torridon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torridon