We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Troon Marine hotel

Glasgow
Level Contributor
174 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Troon Marine hotel

Hi anyone know if this hotel is far from Troon itself if walking? We are staying 2 nights just booked in for b &b but maybe be better to book in for dinner? thanks in advance

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Troon Marine hotel

It's about 15-20 minute walk along the front (or along the beach). When I was there in March the walk was... how can I put it... bracing. Nice though.

Having walked into Troon and back in the afternoon, I opted to eat in the hotel. The food in the hotel was excellent.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,955 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Troon Marine hotel

Nice stroll along the front, but Troon does have taxis... Lots of choices in the town itself. Good restaurant on a hill just outside the town. - Highgrove House Hotel.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Troon Marine hotel

Just realised my message sounded really pro eating in the hotel. On a nice evening walking into Troon and getting the restaurant to phone you a taxi back would be a good option - and probably a good bit cheaper than the hotel, which had definite 4* prices.

4. Re: Barcelo Troon Marine hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 07:18