We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Marine Highland Hotel

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Marine Highland Hotel

So good to see the excellent reviews veritably pouring in for the Barcelo after a few years in the doldrums. Maybe they brought someone in to give the place a good shake up, but whatever they did it appears to be working. I can highly recommend the views, but wondering what the food is like at present. Has anyone on the forum had a stay/visit recently and able to give feedback?

scotland, uk
Level Contributor
224 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Marine Highland Hotel

Hi There,

I live in Troon and have eaten as recently as a week past Thursday (23 Sept). Our food and service was excellent. Since they appointed a new chef back in January the hotel is as the saying goes "the talk of the steamie". The food is getting great reports from locals as well as residents. I have also been watching the reviews on Trip Advisor and these seem to saying the same thing. The chef Kevin MacGillivary has many top awards to his credit. He is exactly what this hotel has been crying out for. Long may it continue.

Mr G Smith

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Marine Highland Hotel

I was there for a two night break at the end of March, and found the food to be superb. The restaurant had a nice relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff, too.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Marine Highland Hotel

Troonlass and Dootsie. You both sound very positive. It's good to know I can add another eaterie to my list.

thanks! :-)

4. Re: Barcelo Marine Highland Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 06:20