We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/B&B in Portree for a couple of nights

Which Portree hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hebden Bridge
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/B&B in Portree for a couple of nights

We're driving up from Yorkshire in May and have a cottage booked in Trotternish from the Saturday but need a hotel/B&B for the Thursday and Friday before. I know my partner will be tired and desperate for a few pints so I'm looking for a place where he can easily park the car and get some real ale nearby. Also, are there any vegan-friendly restaurants in Portree? I'll be OK once we get to the cottage but will be ready to murder some tofu by the time we get to Skye.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/B&B in Portree for a couple of nights

Hi

For vegan friendly restaurants in Portree have a look at Cafe Arriba - it is probably more veggie friendly than vegan friendly but I'm sure some of the food is vegan and they are very helpful, so am sure would be ok to adapt. The views are v. good too.

Haven't stayed in any of the hotels -the Royal Hotel is very handy for everything and has good views so maybe worth a look.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
823 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/B&B in Portree for a couple of nights

After googling practically every place on Skye, we booked this B and B for June: ben-tianavaig.co.uk It has good reviews and it is supposed to have views of the harbor.

Hebden Bridge
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/B&B in Portree for a couple of nights

Thanks for the help. The Cafe Arriba looks ideal for me - just like some of the cafes here in Hebden Bridge - so we'll probably head for it as soon as we've checked in. I now think it'll have to be a B&B rather than a hotel, for financial reasons, but there seem to be some great ones in Portree. I'm so looking forward to the trip. I've been wanting to do a bit of scrambling on the Cuillin for years and at last I'm going to be there.

Edinburgh
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/B&B in Portree for a couple of nights

A great Guest House about a mile from Portree is Peinmore House - lovely large rooms with views towards the Old Man.

www.peinmorehouse.co.uk

5. Re: Hotel/B&B in Portree for a couple of nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Portree