We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are pubs and restaraunts open in november?

are pubs and restaraunts open in november?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 07:12
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are pubs and restaraunts open in november?

From my somewhat limited experience of Skye in the winter, I think you'll find places in Portree are mostly open. But in more remote areas of the island it may be different. As someone pointed out here the other day, the Sligachan Hotel is now closed for the winter, for example.

The only other advice I can offer is the obvious one: if you wake up on a fine morning, resist the temptation to have a lie in, and get out there to enjoy the limited hours of daylight while they last!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are pubs and restaraunts open in november?

I visited Portree in Deepest Darkest December 2007 - and yes, most pubs are open, as well as many of the restaurants. The locals have to drink/eat-out somewhere, afterall!

I agree with the advice above regarding making the most of daylight, although bear in mind that "the crack of dawn" is likely to be 08.30-9.30, not 6-7am!

Make sure you head up the East coast from Portree, towards the Trotternish Peninsula - we went as the sun was rising and the colours and views were out of this world!

Enjoy your trip :)

Abs

3. Re: are pubs and restaraunts open in november?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 07:12
4. Re: are pubs and restaraunts open in november?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 14 May 2011, 06:50
Get answers to your questions about Portree