We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The small and cosy teahouse

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
The small and cosy teahouse

Hello All

Does anyone know when the Small and Cosy Teahouse opens for the season? I've been trying to call the number listed on their website, but no one picks up. We will be in the area week of Apr 14.

Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
23,550 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The small and cosy teahouse

I would expect them to be opening this weekend (when the school holidays start) but I'll check later in the week as we are going over to Skye for a short break this week.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The small and cosy teahouse

Thank you goanjock. I look forward to your update.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,550 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The small and cosy teahouse

Well I am not sure I have good news. We drove past today and all the signs have been removed and from what I can gather their is a real possibility that it won't open this season. If you are looking for somewhere in Staffin then there is the Colombo 1400 with lovely views or for a small art tea room http://www.ellishadderartcafe.co.uk/ which opens on the 7th of April for the season

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The small and cosy teahouse

Thank you very much! We will check out Colombo 1400 and the art tea room.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,550 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The small and cosy teahouse

You also have to visit the newly refurbed bar (the hotel has had new owners since last June) at The Flodigarry Hotel it only opened at the weekend and is absolutely stunning with amazing views. From a historical viewpoint the cottage where Flora Macdonald lived is in the hotel grounds.

Portree
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The small and cosy teahouse

Sadly the tea house is now closed altogether as Petra, who ran it, has left Skye. The Flodigarry Hotel has been refurbished but so have the prices & is now so expensive that a round of drinks is out of most peoples budget!!!!

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The small and cosy teahouse

Oh the poor Flodigarry Bar...we visited it a few weeks ago as it has always been a 'must' for a stop and some lunch, but I can't say the refurb was an improvement at all.To me, they've taken the character away from it completely.And the food prices were an ouch.It's in such a fantastic situation though.Great part of Skye.

Edited: 26 April 2015, 19:50
Reply to: The small and cosy teahouse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Staffin
Recent Conversations