We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Innkeeper suing tripadvisor!!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Innkeeper suing tripadvisor!!

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183080/The-isl…

5 replies to this topic
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,792 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Innkeeper suing tripadvisor!!

This was on earlier but was closed. The thing is most of the reviews are positive. Think the guy is after publicity.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Innkeeper suing tripadvisor!!

Or the Daily Mail after a quick story with little substance or background research

Linlithgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Innkeeper suing tripadvisor!!

O Radio Scotland to-night.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
scotland
Level Contributor
4,204 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Innkeeper suing tripadvisor!!

It is on the wrong forum..

Should be on Uig, Isle of Lewis forum and NO he is not after publicity.. His hotel is very popular..some of the best views on the Island:-) and his meals are very good( been there for meal only)

Edited: 05 August 2012, 17:26
Mentioned in this post
Uig Hotel
Uig Hotel
540 Reviews
Isle of Skye, UK
Isle of Lewis
Isle of Lewis
Lewis and Harris, UK
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Innkeeper suing tripadvisor!!

I wondered why I couldn't find the listing for this B&B. He seems like a nice enough guy. You can't please all the people all of the time and it probably better to accept that and chalk it up to being 'different strokes for different folks'.

His reviews have a largely positive trend. If I was a fan of B&Bs then I'd probably give him a go. Not sure why he'd bother suing. Its better surely to play on the positives. Can you really sue people for their opinions and stating stuff like they found it cold? Reviews reflect the personal expectations, experience and tastes of the individual. I think the place looks quite characterful.

Some people clearly don't do enough research before booking a stay. For me, essentials would be that I could get a decent hot shower whenever I wanted, access to my room whenever I wanted, a warm room in cold weather, a decent cooked breakfast and a hairdryer (doesn't everyone).

Here's the listing:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g551859-d2709…

Reply to: Innkeeper suing tripadvisor!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uig
More Uig Topics