We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
train

I want to visit someone in Dedridge Livingston. I will be staying in Glasgow for a few days. Can I get a train or trains and which station should I travel from and to?

I would appreciate help from anyone who can answer this for me please. I do know I will need a taxi from Livinston station to friends house but don't know how far away Dedridge is?

Thank you very much.

Margaret

3 replies to this topic
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train

There are trains from Glasgow to Livingston, yes. Two stations, North and South

http://www.travelinescotland.com/ may help you fine tune the bit on to Dedridge. Use your friend's postcode as the destination

North trains go from Queen Street, South from Central station in Glasgow

Edited: 22 February 2013, 16:58
Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train

There are about 4 trains an hour from Glasgow Queen Street (Low Level Platforms) to Livingston North and about 2 trains an hour from Glasgow Central to Livingston South. The journey time on both routes is pretty much the same. The South station though is much closer to Dedridge.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,554 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train

Dedridge is very near to Livingston South railway station. Most parts would be walkable from the station unless the weather is foul.

If your friend is at the far end of Dedridge you could get a taxi.

If you send me the street name in a private message I'll give you directions.

Do not get the train to Livingston North, which is on a completely different line

Edited: 22 February 2013, 17:09
Reply to: train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Livingston