We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craggan House & Grianan House

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Craggan House & Grianan House

A note of warning to all potential holiday makers. We rented Craggan House from a Matthew David Robinson through Owners Direct website on 7th/8th Feb 2014. As per the contract we payed a security deposit which was to be returned to us within two weeks. Neither Matthew Robinson nor his agent 'Sarah' have responded to our emails and telephone calls in our attempts to recover our £100 deposit. I have since learned that we are not the only renters who are out of pocket with this property and also the neighbouring Grainan House which M Robinson also owns. Not surprisingly the properties have been subsequently taken off Owners Direct web site.

78 replies to this topic
Wakefield, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Craggan House & Grianan House

Hi

Yes we have tried to get in touch with the owner but not answering my emails or contact numbers we have, I think this is very rude and he is a con man if he does this to almost all his guests he will make a tidy sum and he is a thief. I think the police should be informed. We stayed at agr

Wakefield, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Craggan House & Grianan House

Hi

Yes we have tried to get in touch with the owner but not answering my emails or contact numbers we have, I think this is very rude and he is a con man if he does this to almost all his guests he will make a tidy sum and he is a thief. I think the police should be informed. We stayed at Grianan House from the 26/10/2013 to 02/11/2013.

Glasgow, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Craggan House & Grianan House

I am wondering if you have had your deposit returned? We had a lovely stay in April and were informed we would have the deposit back in 14 days. I have now been told have to wait for the owner to give the £300 back, despite being told on arrival Becki would return the deposit. It is money we can not afford to be without. I would urge booking with caution.

Edited: 05 May 2014, 20:38
Leven, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Craggan House & Grianan House

Hi.. I cancelled my holiday in March after all these degative reviews ( I couldn't risk paying any more ). I was promised my deposit back and it it now 5th of May and I am still waiting .. I have made numerous phone calls texts and emails . No answer and no Money.!!! I would never reccomend anyone to have any dealings with these people..

Glasgow, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Craggan House & Grianan House

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had any luck getting deposits back or any suggestions as to what we can do?

Newcastle
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Craggan House & Grianan House

We have a week booked from 26 July for a family holiday (booked by my nephew). Things seemed to be getting better once "Becki" got involved but now seems to be going downhill again judging by the last few posts. I'm guessing Becki is an agent acting on behalf of the owner who is unchanged. In terms of finance, i.e. returning damage deposits etc, she can only be as efficient as the owner allows her to be unless she has complete managerial control of takings, paying bills and so on. Should I be worried Becki?

Glasgow, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Craggan House & Grianan House

Hi, I think if you paid the money to Becki you will be fine. My difficulty is I paid the owner and Becki is waiting to get the deposit money back from him.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Craggan House & Grianan House

Hi - I am in the same situation, apparently waiting for Matthew to return a deposit for a holiday in April. I am prepared to start legal proceedings - this is clear breach of contract and a routine case for the small claims court. If others who are still owed money want to send me a private message we can co-ordinate the case. I'm doing this more on principle than out of necessity for the money, and the more people joining the case the more painful it will be when Matthew loses.

Dundee, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: Craggan House & Grianan House

I have just posted a review on Grianan house. I had the same problem trying to get a refund, but persisted with countless emails, polite to begin with then shorter and more blunt each time. It resulted in me getting my deposit back but it took some time - I paid in full plus holding deposit in October 2013 for a rental in December 2013 and eventually got my it back in March 2014 being given every excuse you could think of in the process! Such a shame as the property was lovely and had the few issues we had with cooking and the cinema system been resolved better, we would have returned. Wouldn't return now or recommend.

Dundee, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: Craggan House & Grianan House

Hi there, I did eventually get my deposit back but this was after countless emails. i literally bombarded them with messages responding to each of their excuses until I eventually got it back. I had no idea how many folk were in the same position as me. Although they are no longer advertising this house with Owners Direct, I see that they are advertising via Holiday lettings holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/…1476053 'under new management' with Rebecca offering that you can contact her on information re previous bookings. They are also advertising via Visit Scotland visitscotland.com/info/…grianan-house-p853941

Reply to: Craggan House & Grianan House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lochearnhead
Recent Conversations
More Lochearnhead Topics