We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reunions

Tucson, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Reunions

I understand that the COLQUHOUN Clan have annual reunions In Luss, in or near Loch Lomond area. Is this true, and when are the reunions scheduled? Thanks

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reunions

Well Luss is definitely the ancient home of the Colquhouns, of which I am a proud member (albeit from a distance), but rarely get the chance to venture up there and have never had the chance to experience a reunion other than with immediate family still residing in Scotland, so I will watch the responses to this post with interest. Of course we Colquhouns have the smartest tartan of them all don't we! it sort of makes up for our lack of accomplishment elsewhere!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reunions

Obviously the world doesn't grind to a halt for a Colquhoun reunion then! Ah well - our day is yet to come! ;-)

Elie, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,392 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reunions

Welcome to the forum IAMWOODYC - I am WoodyB!!

Hope you manage to have a Colquhoun Clan get together some time in the future though

Woody x

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reunions

Hope this will help:

www.clancolquhounsociety.co.uk/newsflash.htm

Macduff, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reunions

Have alook here. You might find something ?

http://clancolquhoun.blogspot.com/

adelaide
Level Contributor
72 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reunions

We're in Scotland for most of the month of August. I was wondering if there any places or events of interest to a Colhoun, apart from the Colquhoun Hotel, next to Loch Lommond.

I've checked the links here but there appears to be nothing clan related happening in August and I couldn't find any specific places of clan related interest.

Edited: 20 June 2010, 01:34
Macduff, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reunions

Tony. I live in Balloch , Loch Lomond. I will ask around. Local knowlege might be better than the internet. I might not come back to you for a couple of days but as soon as I find out some info I'll let you know. I will phone the Helensburgh branch Monday and see what they have planned or if they know of any other branch that's got anything planned.

It's free for me to phone. It would cost you mega bucks LOL. I'll try my best

adelaide
Level Contributor
72 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reunions

Thank you cathymac,

that would be most appreciated.As this is our first time in Scotland, it's a bit like a pilgrimage back to our family paternal roots. I know I should take more interest in the maternal genealogy which is "Dorward" but all my life the paternal lineage has been drummed into me so all our genealogical studies have been focused on the Colqhoun Clan and the "great plantation" to that other place; Ireland but then that's another trip.

Macduff, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reunions

I can't get an answer to the Helensbugh branch but I found this. All the dates for 2010 events are at the bottom of the page. I hope it helps and I hope you have a fantastic trip to Scotland

www.clancolquhounsociety.co.uk/clannews.htm

adelaide
Level Contributor
72 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reunions

Thank you cathymac,

it appears by August, as far as the clan goes, it will be all over bar the shouting.

I suppose meal and a beer in Luss will at least will give me a feel of being in the hallowed grounds of the Colquhoun's.

I've no doubt they get all sorts of people who have links to the Colquhoun Clan calling in. I think we will probably give the Colquhoun Hotel a miss though after some of the reports I've read. Can one go into Rossdhu House ?

Edited: 25 June 2010, 01:34
Get answers to your questions about Luss
Recent Conversations