We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luss and Loch Lomond

Which Luss hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
Level Contributor
57 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Luss and Loch Lomond

We are driving from Glasgow Airport to Gourock mid-day next Thursday. Our plan is to visit Loch Lomond and Luss on our way. Any nice walking ideas? I have not been to Scotland since 1967 and it's my husband's first trip. Can't wait!

6 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luss and Loch Lomond

I'm not sure if you have looked at a map, but Gourock and Luss are in opposite directions from Glasgow Airport which is on the Paisley side of Glasgow so it is not "on the way". However, it is only about 30-40 mins from the airport to Luss so it isn't a huge diversion.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
57 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luss and Loch Lomond

Thanks. Yes, I had noticed, but thought we could go to Luss/Loch Lomond and get to Gourock by dinner time. Flight gets in at 11:30. We are ready to drive and explore!

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luss and Loch Lomond

What time do you need to be at Gourock? Arrive Glasgow Apt at 1130, clear border control, collect baggage, collect hire car and already it's likely to be 1230. Another 45 - 60 minutes to get to Luss. It will take approx 1 hour from Luss to Gourock (depending on traffic and time of day). So consider how far you walk.

Linden, Michigan
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luss and Loch Lomond

Can anyone tell me if there is boat transport on Lochlomond late January time? does the water transport stop in the winter months or does it still run? We are staying at the village of Luss.......appreciate any help! Thanks

London
Level Contributor
9,534 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luss and Loch Lomond

Heathershona. It's much better to open a new thread with an appropriate title rather than piggybacking on a different thread that's been dead for two years.

Yes. There will be boats. Cruise Loch Lomond (who operate out of Tarbet) will be running, and I suspect the boats based out of Balloch will be running too.

cheshire
Level Contributor
86 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luss and Loch Lomond

boats from Ballock are defo running..iv checked them recently ready for my trip in 2 weeks..the times are on the timetable info also at loch lomand visitors centre at ballock,,,there seems to be a lot here ..pier/shops/cafes etc ..its on line if you want to check it out.good luck

Reply to: Luss and Loch Lomond
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Luss
Recent Conversations
More Luss Topics