We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree or Hampton Inn

Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Doubletree or Hampton Inn

I need opinions! Based on value, room size, location. I keep going back to these because we really want to be ON or extremely close to Beale street. Has anyone stayed in a balcony room at the Hampton? Is it worth it? Thanks to all who answer!

Mentioned in this post
Beale Street
Beale Street
6,597 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubletree or Hampton Inn

Just keep in mind, the closer you are to Beale, the noisier it will be. IE - you may not be able to sleep until after 3am or so.

Hampton is of course closer to Beale, but only by about 2 blocks. Their balcony rooms would face NE, and Beale is SE. So you'd be able to have a limited view of the eastern end of the street, from one block away. I personally would never stay in one of those rooms unless my sole reason for being on Beale was to drink and stay out til 5am with friends. I've stayed there before, when I was younger and didn't live downtown, and it was a fine hotel, but definitely overpriced. No way to get around that though - the downtown Hampton is the most $$$-making hotel of the entire Hampton chain.

From what I have heard from family, Doubletree is okay (actually....I don't know anyone who's stayed there since they changed hands, it used to be something else...a Marriott or something).

Those 2 hotels are really right next to each other. Hampton is next to Peabody Place on the SE, and Doubletree is on the NE side.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubletree or Hampton Inn

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn a number of times, and always try to get one of the balcony rooms if they're available. When the weather's nice it's fun to sit outside with a drink and watch the people. I might add that they ALSO have some balconys on the Beale Street side, and you do NOT want one of those! That's what we got the first time we stayed there - the room was huge and so was the balcony, and so was the noise!

We've stayed at the Doubletree once since they've changed hands (they used to be a Radisson) and our experience wasn't too good. Things might be better now, but when we were there, the personnel was pretty awful. One woman at the registration desk said, "don't nobody around here know nothing about nothing." That pretty well wrapped it up!

Mentioned in this post
Beale Street
Beale Street
6,597 Reviews
Memphis, TN
3. Re: Doubletree or Hampton Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 08:26