We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

I know different places have different rules....but will they let me take photographs inside Graceland?

MI
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

Yes but you have to turn the flash off.

Ilkley,West...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

You can take photo's but you will not be able to use a flash. They are very strict about this. They recommend a fast film speed, but this isn't much use with a digital camera. My photo's of the main reception rooms turned out well because they are very bright, but the basement, jungle room, pool room etc didn't. They are also very strict about no video, so don't take one, or you won't get in with it.!!

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

You could be sneeky and ask someone to take your photo, act dum when the flash goes off, You would get away with it once if you are keen for a good photo of yourself inside graceland, All the do is say loudly " NO FLASH" I wouldn't do it too often though. Nearly every time I've been in someone does take a photo with a flash but they are not very keen al all on it and even sell cameras accross the street with no flash on them.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

I wouldn't risk that. Just dont' use the flash, go during the day and try to get as much light as you can (in the rooms with windows). If they catch you breaking the rules after being warned, they'll just take your camera.

Rock Hill, South...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

I took digital photos on automatic setting during the day (no flash) and everything came out great, even in the basement. Hope you'll respect the rules, as there is a reason for them. If you are interested in best photo ops, do the VIP tour, so that you can re-enter house at your leisure. This allows you to take advantage of breaks in the crowd, when possible. Enjoy!!!!

Brooklyn, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

This is the first time someone has mentioned the VIP tour! I have been wondering about it. What exactly is the advantage of it? (is it only that I can re-enter the mansion repeatedly on the same day?)

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

I can set my camera on "museum" mode and it takes good indoor photos, without a flash.

Yes, someone tell us more about the VIP tour! This is probably my one and only trip to Graceland, so I'd like the very best tour.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

I'm sure the Graceland website will mention the VIP tour, if it's a regular package at the mansion.

Dry Prong, Louisiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

We did VIP last fall and it was wonderful.

There is a different line for VIP tram, you don't have to wait in the very long line for the regular trams. In addition to not having to wait for the regular tram you also get to tour the mansion as many times during the day as you would like.

Brooklyn, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I Take Photos Inside Graceland?

With the VIP tour, it is twice as expensive as the platinum tour. That's why I was hoping there were some other "perks". Like on the website it mentions getting a "backstage pass" so I wondered if the VIP guests got to see extras that other guests didn't.

If it's just the ability to tour the mansion several times, I'm not sure that's a perk to me. I know that they shuffle people in and out of the mansion rather quickly but I've been able to stick around a bit to get the photo I wanted or whatever.

If I really wanted to see the mansion more than once, it would seem I would rather purchase two seperate days of viewing rather than unlimited in one day, but maybe I am missing something?

And yes, priority boarding on the tram is nice too but not worth twice as much money to me.

Get answers to your questions about Memphis