We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

I'm in Memphis for a couple of nights in June, on the first leg of my honeymoon before heading to Vegas. As we only have a couple of nights in Memphis and will probably spend it on Beale st, I wondered if someone could point me in the right direction for good food and maybe some live music, Blues, Rock etc...

Your response is much appreciated.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

Everywhere has music and food on Beale! Just walk up and down the street, listen to what's playing (most have open windows to the street), and check the menus (most have menus on the street).

King's Palace is good for a tiny bit more upscale place on Beale. Rum Boogie, Blues City, Silky's, Alfred's, Pat O's, The Pig, Hard Rock...basically every place has music and food at night. It's impossible to say who will be where on a particular night.

Are you only wanting something on Beale? Or anywhere downtown? The rest of downtown is much more upscale.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
22 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

Even though it is a chain restaurant, Pat O'briens has pretty good food. Alfreds is not so good and has been known to fail their health report. EP's is a little pricey but good. There are much better places off Beale St. though. A little off of Beale St., the Flying Saucer (also a chain) and The Majestic are good.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
102 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

Encore in Peabody Place is delicious which is one street over from Beale.

There is also Texas De Brazil. Cafe 61, automatic Slims. All wonderful on Second street between Union and Peabody Place.

Lots of good food downtown.

Level Contributor
257 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

There are probably 50 restaurants within a few blocks of Beale Street. What kind of food are you looking for? Most of the places on Beale are decent but not terrific, EP's Delta Kitchen being the exception (but pricey).

Concord NC
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

If your hungery for a good burger, try Hueys! There are several in the city, but i know one is downtown, I think just down the street from the Peabody. Im from Charlotte but I have vacationed in Memphis several times, and its by far the best burger I have ever had in a restaurant. Im pretty sure its still there, but someone can correct me if Im wrong. Enjoy your honeymoon on Beale St.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

Thank's everyone for your kind replies. I'm happy to travel away from Beale but not too far. I love rib's and I try to replicate the correct way of cooking them back home on the BBQ, when the weather is fine that is! So I would really like to check out traditional Memphis fayre but not have to travel miles to get it. I know this is not always posible in tourist areas.

Also, big Elvis fan. Would you recomend buying tickets on line before we go or are there deals to be had when we get to our hotel or ticket offiices?

Cheers folk's.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

Thank's everyone for your kind replies. I'm happy to travel away from Beale but not too far. I love rib's and I try to replicate the correct way of cooking them back home on the BBQ, when the weather is fine that is! So I would really like to check out traditional Memphis fayre but not have to travel miles to get it. I know this is not always posible in tourist areas.

Also, big Elvis fan so going to visit Graceland. Would you recommend buying tickets on line before we go or are there deals to be had when we get to our hotel or ticket offiices?

Cheers folk's.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

I've been to Graceland several times and never had to wait in line for tickets, including on a Saturday afternoon. Some people said this weekend there were long lines, but I imagine that's only because so many visitors were in town for BBQ Fest.

I don't eat ribs, so I don't know anything personally. But if you want to stay close to downtown, you'll need to choose from BBQ Shop, Central BBQ, Neely's, or just anything on Beale (Pig, Rum Boogie-i think, Blues City, and I read on here that Silky's had good ribs but it's NOT a BBQ joint, it's irish., so i don't really get that one!) :)

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
102 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

For ribs downtown, go to Blues City Cafe on Beale. They serve all kinds of things but their ribs are really good. On one of Bobby Flay's grilling type shows, he actually featured Blues city ribs. It is at the corner of Beale and Second street.

Don't go to Rendezvous. Very overrated and a tourist trap.

As for Graceland, it is up to you but I love the ease of ordering online. I do it for everything and know ahead of time that I've got my tickets and don't have to worry about it.

Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where do I go to eat in Beale St ?

I just went to Graceland last Monday and it was fine. We got right in . We went around 11:00. It was alot busier after that, but the lines seemed to move quickly. I ate at Blues City Cafe twice on my trip there. Don't forget to get cheesecake at Cheesecake corner!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Memphis