We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to buy champagne

York, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Best place to buy champagne

Hiya guys, we have to buy our own champagne for the little reception we have at the chapel in the woods (Graceland) as they are not licenced to provide us with alcohol. Im not up on champagne at all so if any of you can give me any ideas of brands/places to buy/ prices etc that would be great!

Thanks

Lorna

Mentioned in this post
Graceland
Graceland
15,064 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Memphis
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to buy champagne

No offence but why would you choose to become married at such an awful establishment ?

Champagne ? standard fare good enough for most occasion wol dbe Korbel (extra dry, not brut)

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to buy champagne

Ignore the above. If you love Graceland, get married there. Don't listen to anyone else.

The best liquor store in town is Buster's on Poplar/Highland. Very large, knowledgable employees, great selection. I would suggest not going to any liquor store near Graceland, it's a bad area of town and liquor stores are infamous to be high crime places.

Mentioned in this post
Graceland
Graceland
15,064 Reviews
Memphis, TN
York, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to buy champagne

No offence taken! Me and my partner are life long Elvis fans and met through Elvis. My partner has been to Memphis twice but I have never been and it has always been my dream to come.

I am not religious and neither is my fiance so I didnt want to get married in a church. I moved 100 miles away to be with my partner so it would be a toss up where we would have our wedding so everyone could attend. So we decided instead of spending thousands of pounds on a wedding to feed 100's of family and friends we havent seen in years we decided to go to the place were we will be the closest to Elvis with very imidiate friends and family who have never been either.

Many of our Elvisy friends have been married there and say its magical. I suppose it depends on what your into. People that know us describe it as a dream come true and thats how it feels to me.

You live in Memphis and maybe the chapel doesnt look or feel that special to you but we in the UK class it as beautiful.

Lorna xx

York, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to buy champagne

Thanks Pearlbob we must have been replying at the same time. lol

Will defo take your advice, as I only want the best for our big day

Thanks again

Lorna xx

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to buy champagne

The above poster is the same one who's been kicked off of here about 50 times, he's baaaack. So don't listen.

I'd definitely recommend Buster's. Visit their website:

http://www.bustersliquors.com

They have zillions of wines too, if you want to buy some of that. Everything from $7 a bottle to $500. It would be a somewhat easy drive from Graceland, a bit of a drive but I think well worth it. I personally don't like champagne, so I don't know what brands to recommend, but I KNOW they will be able to help with that. You may even be able to send them an email beforehand and ask for advice, and they could have some bottles ready for you when you get there.

Mentioned in this post
Graceland
Graceland
15,064 Reviews
Memphis, TN
York, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to buy champagne

You are a star Pearbob, what would we do without you on this site.

Will check em out now xxx

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to buy champagne

Thanks! Any other questions, ask away.

York, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to buy champagne

I have contacted them and they come back to me really quickly, they are so helpfull. My fiance and I are going to talk prices etc when I get home (is 4.10pm over here and Im in work till 5pm)

Thanks again Pearbob

Lorna xx

West Tenn
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to buy champagne

I found Germantown Liquors to be helpful and there is another good store in Collierville near Houston Levy road I think, we had luck in the past at Kirby Liquors, which I hope is still open on Quince Road

Mentioned in this post
Collierville
Collierville
Tennessee
Level Contributor
257 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to buy champagne

Go to Buster's Liquor at Highland and Poplar. Tell an employee what you are looking for, and you will find exactly what you want. It is the biggest store in the state, and the best run and cheapest too. I'm like a kid in a candy store in there. Sometimes I just stop there to marvel. Be forewarned that champagne is probably more expensive here than it is in the UK. But you can get a bottle for $3 if you don't care what it tastes like (it's actually not that bad).