We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

graceland

nova scotia canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
graceland

should we buy our tickets to graceland online or wait until we get there, they say you should be there first thing in the am to avoid lines and crowding but i've also read that we should go to sun studios first before graceland for their tour and they would provide transportation to graceland afterwards but this would put you at graceland around noon . would it be too busy at this time of day or is it not that busy around the middle of october? we only have 2 days there so i'm trying to get as much in as i can. if anyone has any info thanks in advance.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: graceland

I've never been to Graceland before noon, and I've never had to wait in line to buy tix. The line occurs when you wait for your shuttle, after you have your tix. There's no way to get around that, I don't think. I don't think it should make much of a difference.

York, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: graceland

We visited Graceland the other week and there wasnt a que to get tickets but was a small que for the bus to Graceland. That goes down in a matter of mins and whilst your waiting they have Elvis blasting out so you can have a sing song and also they take your pic infront of a graceland momorial which you can purchase if you wish after your tour. It looked ace so we purchased ours.

You'll have a fab time

Lorna xx

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
214 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: graceland

We just got back and bought our tickets same day with no,line at ticket window. We bought them about 4:15 (last bus leaves at 5pm) but you can stay there as long as you want. We did wait in a line for the bus too. You can't walk up to the mansion, you have to go by bus.

It's a real trip-you can take pictures without flash and no video cameras.

Peace-

Veggie

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: graceland

I'm a little confused. What shuttle are you talking about? We are driving in from Tunica for the day and need to know if tickets should be purchased ahead of time. Also wanted to see Sun Records as well as Mud Island. Is that too much to do in one day?

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: graceland

The mansion is across the street from the rest of "Graceland." You buy your tickets on the...west?..side of the street,then you wait in line for the shuttle buses that take you over to the mansion across the street. You have to take the shuttles back. You cannot just walk up to the mansion.

I'd leave about 4 hours to drive to Graceland, park, tour things, and then leave.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: graceland

And, Sun only offers tours at certain times. You'd have to drive to all 3 places...that might be a bit much for one day, but if you could get to Graceland right when it opened,then it could be do-able.

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: graceland

Thanks Pearlbob. Should we buy tickets ahead of time or will next week be on offtime and not so busy?

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: graceland

Thanks Pearlbob. Should we buy tickets ahead of time or will next week be on offtime and not so busy?

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: graceland

I've never waited in line for tickets for more than a couple minutes. If you want to pre-purchase, I don't think it would hurt. But, I don't think there would be a reason to.

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: graceland

Thanks so much for your advice. Can't wait til next week to enjoy the sights in Memphis.

Get answers to your questions about Memphis
Recent Conversations