We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business trip

Tracy, California
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Business trip

My husband will be traveling to Memphis and staying for several weeks at a time. Where would be a good place to stay? He is unsure of the business address at this time, but just wanted to get a feel for what is available for a reasonable rate. Thanks

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Business trip

We're really fond of the downtown Marriott Residence Inn (I'm beginning to sound like a broken record on this!). It would be ideal for a business traveler as each unit has a fully equipped kitchen, and unless they've changed their policy, you can fill out a grocery list that they'll supply. They also have very good (free) hot breakfasts and apparently a cocktail hour and appetizers of some sort during the week. We're always there on weekends, so I'm not sure of those particulars. Residents can also order in from some of the neighborhood restaurants, and there are lots of them!

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business trip

I'd like to add that downtown is really at the western end of Memphis, along the Mississippi River. If the business is in east Memphis, downtown is not conveniently located. If the business is in the eastern part of the city, I can recommend the Homewood Suites on Poplar Avenue. It's a nice place to stay. The Residence Inn in East Memphis is not good. It is right next to a very busy railroad track. I can't imagine why they would build there.

The downtown Residence is good so is Springhill Suites.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business trip

A lot depends on where he'll be working. For most of the likely places, there are plenty of acceptable options. On the east side of Memphis, can recommend from personal experience the Homewood Suites on Poplar and the Hampton Inn on Poplar. I've stayed in both on business trips to that part of town. Farther east, the Homewood Suites on Hack's Cross is fine, as are most of the other options nearby, if you're out near FedEx or the Southwind area. Finding a reasonable place to stay in Memphis is never as much of a challenge as in other places I go regularly, assuming it's not during Memphis in May or the week of the anniversary of Elvis's death in August (or the COGIC convention).

4. Re: Business trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Memphis