We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel help

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
hotel help

I need to book a hotel for checking in Oct 23 and staying 3 nights. We (2 adults, 3 kids) will be going to Mud Island and Beale Street on friday day then on SAturday to the Nationwide Race in the Memphis motorsports park. I called a few hotels downtown locoated right by the Mud Island they are booked for some conference. Any suggestions???

Thanks

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel help

Keep trying every hotel downtown, it's the only area that makes sense if you plan to spend your time downtown.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel help

thanks I will

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel help

If you can't get in somewhere downtown, try the east Memphis area. I don't think there are any hotels near the motorsports park. Looking for a hotel in N. Mississippi is just going to take you even further from the motorsports park, so I would try there as a last resort only.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel help

We want to tour things downtown so, getting hotel by the track or on the other side of it wouldnt be good. I'm just not going ot buy our race tickets until I get a room.................

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel help

Have you tried the downtown Marriott Residence Inn? It's our current favorite hotel (and has been for several years). They have two bedroom suites with full kitchens that would be great for your family. Also really good free breakfasts!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel help

According to the website they are full also. We are trying to go from Oct 23- 26

thanks

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel help

Don't go by what the websites say, those can be unpredictable. Just call each hotel and ask on the phone. A live person is more likely to work with you than the website.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel help

I have done that with a fewe hotels already and i'm getting the same answer but I will keep trying, people cancel all the time.

Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel help

It looks like the Madison is available

http://www.madisonhotelmemphis.com/

You can try Talbot Heirs also, but I think all of their rooms have king beds, so you might have to ask about roll-away beds, or a room with a sofa bed.

www.talbotheirs.com

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel help

When I tried the Madson it was not available for all the dates we needed and looks pricey.