We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant for dinner

lkm
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurant for dinner

So I have booked a hotel for next weekend in Memphis and now am looking for help with dinner! We ended up making a reservation at the Westin on Beale street. We are getting in on Saturday and looking for a place to have dinner on Saturday night. I know that there is a convention there so I am planning on making reservations (I know it is already late for that!)

I am a vegetarian so I am looking for some places with veggie options. It is also our anniversary so we are looking for something on the nicer side without being too high end and fancy (we will have been traveling all day!). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,961 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant for dinner

Well, Memphis is not exactly know for its vegetarian options. There might be some great vegetarian restaurants in town and perhaps someone else on here will know one. Also, you don't mention whether or not your spouse is also a vegetarian. Perhaps not?

Anyway, Texas de Brazil is good and they have an amazing salad bar. It is a chain, but its kind of unique if you've never dined there. Also, you can go to texasdebrazil.com, sign up for their email updates and get regular discounts emailed to you. You could get the salad bar option and your spouse could do the whole endless meat thing if that suits you.

Also good downtown is Circa, Felicia Suzanne's, Encore, etc. You can check restaurant reviews on here or on gomemphis.com. You might end up just having to make do with vegetable options on the menu instead of finding an actual vegetarian restaurant downtown.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant for dinner

Sawaddii is a Thai place downtown with a large vegetarian menu. It is not a vegetariann restaurant, however like most thai places they have 100+ options on the menu and you can get almost anything made veggie, along with chicken, pork, etc. It's a nice modern place, not "stuffy" fancy, but definitely a modern place. If you don't eat thai, you can get a lot on the menu that is similar to any chinese or japanese food.

Otherwise, like mentioned it's hard to find non-meat options in Memphis. Also downtown is Bluefin, a sushi restaurant, which of course offers some non-meat options (and I know some vegetarians eat fish, so you'd be well off there).

The Majestic Grille has a lot of veggie options, I have a vegetarian friend who eats there regularly.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurant for dinner

http://www.sawaddii-memphis.com/web/index.php

http://bluefinmemphis.com/bf/

http://www.majesticgrille.com/

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurant for dinner

For Memphis pearlbobs right the majestic grille does have a good veggie menu I was suprised how much consirering, It's about a 5-6 min walk from your hotel, it's on the trolley line and easy to find

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurant for dinner

theres always felicia suzannas or however you spell it on the same side (left) (north) coming from your hotel they are pretty fancy I've been in but it's a little posh for me to relax in it's mor like fine dinning, Majestic Grille is still fancy but not so uptight, thats just a personal opinion and I know lots of people may not agree thats fine, thats what the forum is all about, peoples opinions, then people can make informed choices about what they want to do, the peabody will also cater for you as well as there deli for lunch, don't worry you won't starve in Memphis

lkm
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice restaurant for dinner

Thanks! What can people tell me about Encore? How about the place at BB King's bar?

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice restaurant for dinner

Itta Benna is above BB's, and is supposed to be a really good place. I don't know if it's necessarily upscale or if it has any veggie choices though.

Encore is also good. They have a menu on their website.

lkm
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice restaurant for dinner

So... just got back and wanted to report back on our eating. The first night there we ate at Itta Bena upstairs at BB King's restaurant. There were options for both of it and we LOVED it. It was the best meal of the trip by far. The next day we ate lunch at Hueys. I was happy to find that they offered veggie burgers. The food was ok, not really sure what all of the rave reviews are, but we were both satisfied at least. We really enjoyed drinks at the Peabody hotel bar. The bartender was extremely nice and offered lots of helpful area advice.

We ate dinner at Rum Boogie one night as we were eating late and wanted to see the band. My only option was fried green tomatos, which were fine, and the boy ate BBQ.

Our most disappointing dinner was at a place called Capprichio grill. It was expensive and very sub par italian. At that point we were craving something other than southern food but were still not all that happy.

One place where we enjoyed lunch was called Sauces on S. Main street. It was very casual with great food and there were lots of veggie as well as meat options.

We had a blast!

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,961 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice restaurant for dinner

Glad you had a good trip and were able to find some restaurants that suited you.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice restaurant for dinner

Gosh, I could've warned you about Capriccio Grill. We've given it several chances, both at breakfast and dinner, and have had nothing but trouble there. We've had dirty silverware (more than once), bad service and awful food. We won't go back.

You'd think that a hotel like the Peabody could do better than that.

Get answers to your questions about Memphis