We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wally Joe's New Restaurant "Acre" In Memphis...............

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wally Joe's New Restaurant "Acre" In Memphis...............

Renovation of a nice building is about finished. It should be good. Wally Joe is famous from KC's in Cleveland, MS and Wally Joe's Restaurant in Memphis, TN. He no longer is associated with either. There will be a nice outdoor dining area which will be good.

…commercialappeal.com/whining_dining/2011/01…

Memphis, Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Wally Joe's New Restaurant "Acre" In Memphis...............

The atmosphere is the best thing about Acre. We arrived- a party of 3 for lunch at 12:30. We sat totally alone and unattended for 20 minutes in the bar area after giving our name, when I asked the hostess if we could at least get a drink of water while we waited. We were told several times after this we would be next, to no avial. So we awkwardly stood in front of the hostess until we were finally seated 45 minutes after arrival(there were 8 empty tables) One of my sisters ordered the fried oyster salad, and crab cake app. As did I. My other sister ordered the Risotto. The 2 salads were the only thing delivered to the table, and then our waiter said we looked like we needed desert!!! The rosoto and crab cakes were never brought out until we reminded him!! Now it is 2pm and we can finally leave-and our waiter cuts us off in midstep rushing past us with a tray of empty dishes. We were invisible the entire time!!

The fried oysters were small, but the only thing that was good. The greens were all dandelions, very bitter. The overpowering flavor of sprouts was all you could taste of the crab cakes. The risotto was insipid at best. Go to The Elegant Farmer instead, where you will say yumm the entire meal, and Mack will come out and personally greet you!

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wally Joe's New Restaurant "Acre" In Memphis...............

Everything Mac opens is good.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wally Joe's New Restaurant "Acre" In Memphis...............

That's too bad. I started going to KC's in Cleveland after the Joe's bought Michael's old seafood and steak restaurant. They converted it to upscale dining and then it burned. I have been dining with Wally and Don for about 30 years. KC's went down and the place Wally opened in Memphis went down and now this. That's a shame.

4. Re: Wally Joe's New Restaurant "Acre" In Memphis...............

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 04:15