We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anniston, Alabama
1 post
Save Topic
hotels

looking for a hotel that will rent to an 18 yr. old. i have a budget of no more than $120 a night. preferably a 3-star hotel or higher. the closer to beale street the better.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,746 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels

Hmm. Do most hotels require that you be older than 18? I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, hotels you might investigate downtown that might be in your price range are Holiday Inn, Doubletree, Comfort Inn or Sleep Inn.

Is there a reason your 18 year old needs to be close to Beale? They do ID folks during busy times as you enter the street. Alone, your 18 year old may have problems even getting on the street at night.

Barnhart
Level Contributor
605 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels

Hopefully you have a credit card, most hotels won't even allow you to reserve a room, even if you pay cash upfront, without a card on file (I guess in case of room damages).

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,746 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels

Hadn't thought of that, stl_mk. That will be another issue. Usually the only hotels/motels that don't absolutely require a credit card are those that are a bit shady.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels

They will have s sign up $19 room with a/c & refrigerator

Sounds too good to be true, I wouldn't consider it if you pass by

New Athens, Illinois
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels

You can get a hotel room if you have a debit card. My husband and I were there a few weeks ago and stayed at the Holiday Inn across the street from the Peabody. We only have a debit card and had no problems using it. You will be ID'd at Beale at night, we were searched and Id'd and we are in our early 40's. I don't know about an age requirement on hotel rooms.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels

In using a debit card remember that the hotel will "authorize" the amount of the expected room charge plus 10 to 20% over to cover possible room charges to make sure they get their money. The actual charge isn't yet made to your bank acct., but a hold is put on the full amount authorized at check in for about a week, which hits your bank balance immediately, and for the time being you should be aware how much money you can no longer access in your bank account. FYI

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels

It works exactly the same when you hire a car

8. Re: hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 22:18