We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luther Parker's condo in the Hunt Phelan

LucyintheSky12
Level Contributor
30 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Luther Parker's condo in the Hunt Phelan

Does anyone have knowledge of Luther Parker's condo in the Hunt Phelan? Is this above a restaurant & is it on Beale? Is it at the far end of Beale or in the midst.? It sounds like the parking is underground, but not sure if its secure. We have other reservations which can be cancelled, and this place looks nice, except no bedroom photos. If Hunt Phelan is a restaurant, is it good? Comments welcomed.

LucyintheSky12
Level Contributor
30 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luther Parker's condo in the Hunt Phelan

PS: Here's the link in case I described it wrong: tripadvisor.com/…description

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luther Parker's condo in the Hunt Phelan

I have been to the Inn at Hunt Phelan as well as the restaurant. The condo's were added since I have been there. I think they are new construction made to look old like the original house. I'm not familiar with the condos but the inn is nice. The restaurant is outstanding also. It's about two blocks past Fed Ex Forum and out of the Beale Street business area. I would not walk there from the main Beale Street area late at night. Take your car or a cab. I think you will enjoy a visit there.

The River Inn on Mud Island is a good choice also. Enjoy your trip.

LucyintheSky12
Level Contributor
30 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luther Parker's condo in the Hunt Phelan

Thanks Axle. I think I will stay with your original recommendation then, the Hampton, where I have already reserved.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luther Parker's condo in the Hunt Phelan

That's a wise decision IMO. I used to recommend the Hunt Phelan for dinner until my wife and I dined there several months ago. They might have been going through a management change or something, but more than one item in our dinner was re-heated or nuked and the server was a temp of some sort, knowing nothing about the entrees or the restaurant itself. The building built to house the accomodations doesn't really resemble the historic style of the main mansion.

5. Re: Luther Parker's condo in the Hunt Phelan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 10:16