We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memphis BBQ..........

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Memphis BBQ..........

Where would you go if you were a lady dining solo for good BBQ in a safe area with immediate parking next to the restaurant. My choice would be Central. Any other suggestions for a friend. she will have a car and staying near Graceland. I thought about Marlowe's. I think they will send the pink car and pick you up. Thanks.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memphis BBQ..........

Central is good. The BBQ Shop on Madison might be a good choice if a parking spot is available on the street in front of the restaurant. Good Barbecue places with abundant parking seem to be hard to come by.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,996 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memphis BBQ..........

Yes, Marlowe's still says on their website that they'll pick you up.

What about Interstate on Stateline? That's not too far from Graceland. If she plans on going during the day, she could go to the one on Third. I'd be fine going there by myself during the day. Both have self parking.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Memphis BBQ..........

If you want good go to central, commissary, interstate, corkys...etc.

If you want great go here:

MEMPHIS BARBECUE COMPANY

http://memphisbbqco.com/

Two Legendary Pitmasters of Memphis BBQ Teams combined forces to open up a restaurant,

Melissa Cookston of Yazoo's Delta Q

John Wheeler of Natural Born Grillers

Each has won the Memphis in May World Championship BBQ Cooking Contest twice...

Memphis
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memphis BBQ..........

Maybe, but running your food to a judge and serving people in a restaurant are two totally different things. They tried to poison my family with the worst ribs that I've even had. We will never buy food from them again.

5. Re: Memphis BBQ..........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:16