We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graceland area hotel

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Graceland area hotel

Want to be close to Graceland, but not impressed with what I've read about Days Inn and Heartbreak Hotel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Graceland area hotel

Stay downtown and take the shuttle to Graceland and Sun Studios. Downtown hotels are very nice.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,710 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Graceland area hotel

HH and Days Inn are the best of the hotels around Graceland.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Graceland area hotel

Days Inn is pet friendly and I'm allergic, so that won't work. Have read that HH is very run down. Are there any hotels other than downtown? Parking seems to be an issue downtown.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,710 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Graceland area hotel

You can check hotels in north MS, around I 55 and Goodman Rd. (maybe 10 - 15 minutes from Graceland) or east Memphis, around I 240 and Poplar Ave. (maybe 15 - 20 minutes from Graceland). The problem around Graceland is that the general area is run down and a bit dangerous when you get away from Graceland and its hotels and plaza area.

I'm not sure what you mean by a parking issue downtown. Most hotels charge a flat fee per night for parking (includes in and out privileges) and there are plenty of other pay to park lots and garages available (those do not include in and out privileges).

As Axle said, there is a free shuttle from downtown to Graceland to Sun, but you must take the studio tour to use it. Keep in mind that downtown puts you within walking or trolley distance of many attractions, restaurants, clubs, etc.

Lasty, note that HH offers a shuttle for a nominal fee from their hotel to Beale.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Graceland area hotel

Thanks Axle and Deb. I was looking at the Hampton Inns on Poplar and on Shady Grove, but it's hard to know what kind of area they are in. I guess downtown might be the best after all.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Graceland area hotel

The Shady Grove and Poplar areas are quite nice as residential / light business areas go, but not what you visit Memphis as a tourist to see. The drive and struggle with traveling Downtown against 50 stoplights will take your time and the cost of gas will amount to a high percentage of what you pay to park your car at a Downtown hotel. Even if you take the northern loop expressway you lose 30+ minutes each way.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,710 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Graceland area hotel

You're so welcome.

8. Re: Graceland area hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2013, 10:17