We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverboat Sold Out - Help!!

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Riverboat Sold Out - Help!!

My friends and I were planning to do a dinner cruise Saturday evening (10/20), but the agent at Memphis Riverboats says they're sold out. Does anyone know of any tour companies, etc., who might have tickets?

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,635 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverboat Sold Out - Help!!

I don't know of a source for tickets. There is another riverboat cruise line about an hour south of Memphis, the Tunica Queen, that might have availability if you don't mind the drive. You could have a nice dinner downtown perhaps at Flight or Felicia Suzannes and then enjoy Backbeat Tour's walking ghost tour.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverboat Sold Out - Help!!

I wouldn't travel an hour south of town just to take a riverboat ride in a rural setting where there is mostly flat farm land. Why don't you book a ride on the Memphis Mojo Tour, done in converted 50's city buses with a Rockabilly singer/guide plugged in and taking you to E.P's and Johnny Cash's haunts . (www.backbeattours.com) or Mike's RocknRoll Tour (mikesmemphistours.com) in a 1955 Cadillac, or a guided Segway tour or Historian's Tour of the Peabody Hotel. Walk along the Memphis riverfront trails and see the riverboats up close, then eat at Flight Restaurant (top 100 American Restaurant) with enclosed sidewalk cafe and trolley cars and lighted Carriages rolling by. Put your name on a standby list on the Memphis Queen just in case.

Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverboat Sold Out - Help!!

Thanks for your comments, Tn and Deb. They didn't offer a standby list, so we have decided to do the Walking Ghost Tour. Tnhighroad, we already have most of your suggestions planned -- can't wait! What do you know about Paulette's and Charles Vergo Rendezvous?

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,635 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riverboat Sold Out - Help!!

You're so welcome. Paulettes is on Mud Island; not in the main downtown area. Its very good and fairly upscale. Rendezvous has my absolutely most favorite ribs in all the city (except for mine!) and is extremely casual.

Edited: 17 October 2012, 18:06
5. Re: Riverboat Sold Out - Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 10:17