We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

thinking of doing the above tour in june or sept.2013. has anyone got any info re; said tour. have done western treasures tour wth cosmos which was really very good.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

Hi. I came on here looking for a review of this tour too. It looks amazing. I'm thinking of April before it gets too hot. I don't suppose you've had any replies? I haven't done any tours with Archers before, so any kind of feedback would be good.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

Quite a few tours stop in Memphis and Nashville. It's difficult to get a read on the quality of each. You do lose a little flexibility when you're being "guided" in being able to break the schedule and do certain local activities or tours which might appeal to you. Nashville, for instance has attractions like the Bluebird Cafe which features up and coming talented artists in an "in the round" format, a comedic bus tour called "Nash Trash" (www.nashtrashtours.com), genuine country cuisine at Loveless Cafe with "good ol girl waitresses" (lovelesscafe.com), etcetera. Memphis has the outstanding "Memphis Mojo Tour" (www.backbeattours.com), the Historic Elmwood Cemetary Tour, top rated Memphis Zoo featuring Giant Pandas, extended history & music tours on several days of the week in the Peabody Hotel, etcetera. You have to trust your guide to bring you to the best attractions at the optimum time and allow enough time there so you get the full impact. I can recommend local tours and attractions in these cities, but national or regional tours are more of an unknown quantity.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Peabody Hotel
Peabody Hotel
2,541 Reviews
Memphis, TN
scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

i believe that archers are part of the cosmos tour group of companies so hopefully they should be of the same high standard as the latter.my one and only experience with cosmos tours was first class ie western treasures tour to san francisco etc

scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

thank you for your reply

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as our U.K. friends usually do.

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

We are booked on Titan tours sights and sounds of the south in feb 2013 so can let you know how it goes

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,287 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

Please do, marionspence. We don't get many posts on here about the various organized tour companies.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
90 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

You cannot go wrong with Titan! We did the "Southern Music Medley" in September - Nashville/Memphis/Tupelo/Muscle Shoals etc including Graceland & Sun etc.... Absolutely FIRST CLASS all round. Would do it again tomorrow ( assuming ££££ available!)

Enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Tupelo
Tupelo
Mississippi
Graceland
Graceland
15,028 Reviews
Memphis, TN
scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

Hope you enjoy your trip and look forward to hearing how you get on

Carlisle, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

We went on this tour Last September 2012 - fabulous time all round, a couple of the hotels were what you would deem "tired" the one in Layfayette especially but was perfectly acceptable, depends if you are a 5* traveller really. One slight disappointment was the train journey was cancelled last min but our coach driver was a joy so didn't really matter. Plenty of free time to do what you want, New Oreleans was spent in a haze! Saw everything that needed to be seen including Peabody Hotel (which personally I could have missed). Do it you wont regret it!

Mentioned in this post
Peabody Hotel
Peabody Hotel
2,541 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Get answers to your questions about Memphis