We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music Suggestions TG Week

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,450 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Music Suggestions TG Week

We'll be in town for Tuesday and Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. Are there any local bands to put towards the top of the list? We like Americana, Singer Songwriter, Soul and Funk. We're not huge Blues fans but plan on some. You got to take advantage of a towns strengths.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,858 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music Suggestions TG Week

I don't have any specific recommendations for you except to say you will find all genres of music on Beale. Also, you might check memphisflyer.com for the latest music listings for your dates.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,450 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music Suggestions TG Week

Yep, already working on those - I just don't know the bands the list. I'll do my best based on their descriptions. Thanks!

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,858 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music Suggestions TG Week

You're welcome, but I wasn't much help. Perhaps others will chime in.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music Suggestions TG Week

The Band Box at Blues City Cafe normally has one of 3 or 4 local early Rock n Roll (Rockabilly) bands. Alberts on Beale will have bands like Kevin Page or Andy Childs with early rock to current date playlists. If you see one of these two playing anywhere, go. You might get a little more edgy with an "Indy" flair at the Hi Tone on Poplar or New Daisy on Beale. Have Fun!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,450 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Music Suggestions TG Week

Great! Thanks for the leads!

6. Re: Music Suggestions TG Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:18