We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tennco Express shuttle service

Geordieland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tennco Express shuttle service

Hi.

First time in Memphis and arrived 31st Dec 2012.

Booked and paid for the shuttle bus from Tennco to take me from the airport to the Crowne Plaza.

Quick enough to take my money but then failed to turn up at the airport. Cost another $30 in a taxi.

Avoid these cowboys at all cost. Have contacted them 5 times but they are not interested.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,304 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tennco Express shuttle service

Sorry you had trouble with them, but thanks for this info. Its hard for locals to have first hand knowledge of these sorts of services as its not something we would nornally use.

Geordieland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tennco Express shuttle service

Thanks for your kind reply.

We love visiting the USA and arrived late on the 31st after travelling for 22hrs from our home airport via London and Chicago.

One of the kind taxi drivers even used his phone to try and contact Tennco for us.

Just wish I could warn more people visiting Memphis that this shuttle service is not reliable.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
London
London
Ontario, Canada
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Brooklyn, Nyc
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tennco Express shuttle service

This is the message I just emailed to the contacts on their website. I wish I had read tripadvisor first:

Hello, I am writing to report your employee Roy. I spoke to him this everning requesting an email reservation of my shuttle for tomorrow and he informed me that he would not give me anything as a confirmation of my shuttle purchase. He told me my confirmation number was 500. I requested a written confirmation of my reservation and he simply stated no, he won't send me one.

I then asked him that I will cancel the reservation of myself and my entire wedding party for tomorrow and his reply was "black people, I'll tell you".

I will report this to the better business bureau as well as any and all internet websites, (yelp, tripadvisor) to advise them not to do business with your company due to the rude and inconsiderate nature of your employees.

As a wedding party of over 100 people coming into Memphis this weekend, we will surely NOT be using this company for any tours, etc while in Memphis.

This is totally unacceptable.

Thank you,

A very upset former customer.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,304 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tennco Express shuttle service

Thanks for the heads up about their continued poor customer service. This is always helpful to future visitors.

Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tennco Express shuttle service

My family of 4 adults is travelling to Memphis in December from Australia- I am finding it extremely frustrating trying to find shuttles from the airport to book online. As there are four of us and four suitcases plus carryon we won't fit in a taxi. Out of the few I have found 1 hasn't got very good reviews and the others have no online booking. There are another couple I can't even find websites for. Are we able to organise a shuttle when we arrive at the airport - I prefer pre booking but if there is no other way! What is the cost of a shuttle - I found Bettie Bus for $20 per person - if they all charge this I may be better getting a car service. Any suggestions would be appreciated - Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,304 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tennco Express shuttle service

I wouldn't plan on being able to just catch a shuttle upon arrival. Memphis airport isn't so busy as to be able to support shuttles just sitting there, waiting to be filled.

Not sure if you've checked out the page below, but its from the airport website and lists several shuttle services and limo companies. I'm going to guess that $20 or more might be the going rate. A taxi one way to the downtown area will run you about $30 - 35 each way plus tip. You could split your party between two taxis.

mscaa.com/directions/ground_transportation

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
3,070 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tennco Express shuttle service

Try looking under Limousines on line. Many hotels call the most reliable car & limo service companies they are aware of for guests instead of taxis. A regular non-stretch limo should be able to handle your bags and four passengers. I noticed www.limos.com shows airport rates from $47. When my wife and I visited Orlando, Fla. this year the best price available was $70 to our hotel. This company (Limos.com) is featured in Forbes Magazine, so it should be reliable. I also saw YYZ/YZT Airport Limousine and M&M Limousine.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
8. Re: Tennco Express shuttle service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 06:21