We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My trip to Memphis :)

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
My trip to Memphis :)

We had a great time in Memphis. I have a lot of information to offer, but am short on time so I will post more tomorrow and will break up the topics.

A brief overview:

We arrived there about 2 PM on a Monday. We were only there until 3 PM on Wednesday so I have been calling this trip "48 hours in Memphis" My itinerary included doing six different things which I will list here and post seperately. We were able to do all six things planned, as it turned out, we took in two things each day. I do not feel like we were under pressure or rushed, but perhaps three/ four days would have been ideal if possible

( this was the second leg of our trip, we had just spent four days in New Orleans, so I didn't really have the funds to spend more time here ) Our itinerary included Sun Studio, Graceland, Rock and Soul Museum, Civil Rights Museum, Gibson Guitar Factory, Mississippi River Museum/ Mud Island River Park, and also The Peabody Ducks was part of the plan.( Beale Street goes without saying) We also had eating in a few of the places mentioned on here in mind, however I guess I was a little unprepared and did not mapquest some of the places and had no idea they were off the beaten path until the last minute. So most of our meals were on Beale Street. That was fine, but I was determined to go to both the BBQ Shop and Central BBQ, but we only made it to the BBQ Shop... Excellent !!!we ate there right before leaving for the airport. I will say that I had a great time, and tonight I told my son who came with me that I wouldn't mind going back there again. He agreed.Originally I planned the trip thinking " lets get this city out of the way ...." my son is a music major and so we are making the rounds (slow but sure)of historical music cities. But if others in my family were to ever want to go I would be happy to go back. Will post more about my Memphis experience tomorow.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My trip to Memphis :)

I'm so glad that you had so much fun!! if you're into musical cities, someone posteed this website a few weeks ago: www.rocknrolltravel.org

Memphis
Level Contributor
382 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: My trip to Memphis :)

Glad you had a good time! Look forward to reading more abouit it tomorrow!

London England
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: My trip to Memphis :)

good reporting Patty.

I was there for 4 days late last year, that was just about time to see most things comfortably.

I look forward to more detailled posts on individual places you and your son visited, and I'll feedback my own impressions.