We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days inn Memphis , graceland

Sheffield,
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Days inn Memphis , graceland

Going on a elvis tour in August and staying at the days Inn, I've heard about the area been a bit seedy around Graceland , can you tell me if there are any shops,food places near the days inn that are in walking distance??

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,965 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days inn Memphis , graceland

Days Inn provides breakfast for their guests in the hotel lobby. There are some snack bars/restaurants in the Graceland plaza. Heartbreak Hotel has a nice lobby area with a bar that also serves food, table seating and a big screen tv where they show Elvis movies that is open to the public in the evenings. Marlowe's Restaurant, right down the street from the Graceland area, will pick you up at the Days Inn and take you back after dinner in a pink Cadillac no less!

Sheffield,
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days inn Memphis , graceland

How far is the Graceland plaza from the days inn hotel?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days inn Memphis , graceland

About 100 yards. You will be perfectly safe & happy staying at Days Inn.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days inn Memphis , graceland

Days Inn is across ep blv from Graceland, the closest hotel to it. The plazza, ticket office & most of the gift shops are on the same side as the Days Inn

Check for posters & notice boards at reception & breakfast area for great Elvis related tours that you can phone and go see, some require a minimum number of people

If your there during Elvis Week there is usually a book signing/ pool party with interesting people from the Elvis world

Heartbreak Hotel is owned by Elvis's estate, a former Wilson Hotel they bought in 1999

Days Inn is The unofficial hotel that fans like to go to

Both are good and serve a purpose,

They compliment each other

Sheffield,
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days inn Memphis , graceland

Going in August for a week,3days in Memphis and 3days in Nashville . Going with my mum as she a massive elvis fan,so any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days inn Memphis , graceland

Jay, I recently stayed at the Days Inn Graceland, and even if your only coming to Memphis to see Graceland, I would really recommend staying in downtown Memphis, rather than Graceland...there isn't much to do on evenings. Downtown Memphis, has Beale St, for drinks and live music even Elvis impersonators. The Peabody Hotel for a more relax vibe, and great BBQ in town too.

Will you have a car?

Also if you plan on visiting Sun Studio [where Elvis recorded a lot of his music], they offer a free bus from Beale St to Sun Studio to Graceland.

There's no need to stay near Graceland, when downtown Memphis offers soo much more. I'd really have a look at staying downtown, that's my 2 cents.

Sheffield,
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Days inn Memphis , graceland

No we don't drive, we are going on an organised coach tour from the uk.

holyhead
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Days inn Memphis , graceland

Hi.. Im a single female traveller with no car.. have looked at Days Inn hotel, but wonder if its too far out for good transport links from the airport etc.. any ideas / advise much appreciated

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Days inn Memphis , graceland

no car, it would be best to stay Downtown. Post a new thread for more responses.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,965 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Days inn Memphis , graceland

The Days Inn is actually pretty close to the airport and offers an airport shuttle service as well.

However, I have to agree with Emmaxoxo that you might be happier downtown without a car. There are no other tourist attractions near Graceland and dining options are limited. There is a free shuttle from downtown to Graceland to Sun Studios, but you must take the studio tour to use it. Downtown also offers other tourist attractions, dining, bars etc., all within walking or trolley ride distance.

The only other decent hotel option near Graceland is the Heartbreak Hotel. They also offer an airport shuttle plus a shuttle to Beale Street for a nominal fee.

Get answers to your questions about Memphis
Recent Conversations