We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sat 18th to Tuesday 21st May

cayman
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sat 18th to Tuesday 21st May

The attractions of Memphis seem to be well known - Graceland, Sun Studios, Stax, etc. I'm in Memphis for the first time on the above dates. Are there any days I should avoid in particular re the attractions e.g is Graceland especially busy on a Saturday so I should go on a Monday ? Just trying to aid my planning.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,162 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sat 18th to Tuesday 21st May

Saturday will be quite busy downtown as that's the last day for the barbecue contest. Of course, most attractions are going to be busier on weekends, but if you don't plan to attend the contest, I'd plan to visit attractions away from the main downtown area that day such as Graceland.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sat 18th to Tuesday 21st May

Saturday will be busy but most of the activity Saturday and Sunday will be breaking down and loading up in the competition site, maybe not so much in and around the Downtown attractions and hotels. Be sure to take a tour which ties the whole music story together and get some background on this historic city. Catch a sunset on the Madison or Peabody Hotel rooftop. Don't miss the Giant Pandas and state of the art habitats at the Memphis Zoo.

3. Re: Sat 18th to Tuesday 21st May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Memphis