We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memphis Tigers vs Akansas State

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Memphis Tigers vs Akansas State

HELP !!!

As a visitor to your shores over many years I have never yet managed to take in a game, well finally that day will arrive on 21st Sept when my wife and I will be at the Arkansas game ( she can't wait !!! lol ).

I've got my tickets but what else do I need to know before attending ?.

Parking ?, how can I get a spot reserved or are there buses laid on from downtown.

What time do I need to get to the stadium, what happens before the game and what time would it be expected to finish, what happens after ?. Apart from the obvious … go home !.

Best place to get something to eat, can I book ?

I'd be grateful for any answers to the above, plus any other info you feel would be of benefit.

Thanks

Roy Scattergood

GO TIGERS !!!

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,837 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memphis Tigers vs Akansas State

Well the thing which football fans like to do on the day of the game is to "tailgate" or enjoy grilled or smoked food and drinks in parking lots near the stadium while sporting their teams' colors & logos and basically partying before making their way to the stadium. Tiger season ticket holders frequently do this on "Tiger Lane" which consists of several long rows of parking places running west from the main entrance to the stadium. Unless you know someone in Memphis who will bring you along or have you meet them there this won't be an option on your first game, so go at least three hours early and eat Barbecue on the deck at Central BBQ, nearby with football fans all around to get into the mood, then drive down and park somewhere off Central Avenue and walk to the stadium. There should tickets available on game day at the gate, but if you're in town before that, buy tickets in advance to make it easier to get the seats you want. After the game Overton Square along Madison Av. near Cooper St. has several pubs where fans might gather as well as the Cooper - Young area. It's good to have the BritishTiger fan base represented! The Tigers will win for sure!

Derby, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memphis Tigers vs Akansas State

Thanks for taking the time to reply, looking forward to the experience.... Cheers Roy

3. Re: Memphis Tigers vs Akansas State

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:27