We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip next October 2014

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Trip next October 2014

Hello,

We are going to Memphis end of October, can anyone advise what the weather will be like? My Dad is a big Elvis fan so we will be doing all the Elvis stuff but are there any rodeos near by?

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,982 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip next October 2014

The weather will probably be within the temperate to tolerable range in October; somewhere between shirtsleeve and light jacket I would say {Of course there are no guarantees.) During that narrow time frame I found no rodeos as such in the Memphis area. There's an Autumn Classic Horse Show in Franklin - 175 miles Northeast of Memphis October 22 thru 26 which would feature more of an English riding style I would think. (www.brownlandfarm.com}

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,059 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip next October 2014

If you want to tweak your dates a bit, there is always a rodeo at the Mid South Fair the last 10 days or so of September. I also couldn't find too much about rodeos for your dates, but perhaps more will be available closer to your travel time.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip next October 2014

Thank you.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,059 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip next October 2014

You're so welcome.

5. Re: Trip next October 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:18