We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

torn on where to stay

Eufaula, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
torn on where to stay

My husband & I will be in Memphis for two nights celebrating our 24th anniversary in April. I cannot decide between The River Inn and The Peabody. I am drawn to both experiences. My daughter has suggested that we don one night in each. Maybe Friday night at the Inn and Saturday night at the Peabody...would that be totally crazy?

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: torn on where to stay

I hear what your saying, I've done things like this and just a personal opinion it's not really worth it moving for one night, but everyone is different and you do what you want, if it was me? I'd maybe stay at the Peabody and go eat at the river inn Paulette's or wherever you want, I've stayed in maybe 7 different hotels in 12 nights and after moving all the time it's not ideal moving to a room for one night which I did to stay at The Peabody also one night so I know where your coming from, I'd stay in the Peabody for both nights and save time checking out and back in and possibly waiting on your room etc

All that said , please do what you fancy doing and have a very happy anniversary

Edited: 03 February 2014, 13:26
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,160 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: torn on where to stay

Both hotels are lovely, but the River Inn isn't convenient to the rest of downtown. You'll have to drive or take a cab to the main downtown area if you stay there. Now, if you want to spend one night there and would happy to just relax at the hotel that night without the hassle of getting over to the main area of downtown, that might work out.

I agree with Elvisgillies. For two nights total, I wouldn't change hotels. Having dinner at Paulettes is an excellent suggestion.

Eufaula, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: torn on where to stay

thank you both so much. Paulette's or Restaurant Iris?

Edited: 03 February 2014, 23:51
Naperville
Level Contributor
599 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: torn on where to stay

FYI, priceline has express deals at the Peabody for $128. I just booked it for 3 nights. Maybe they have it for your dates.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,160 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: torn on where to stay

For me, the old favorite would be Paulette's.

6. Re: torn on where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Memphis