We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from memphis to NOLA

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
stockport
Level Contributor
496 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from memphis to NOLA

We're making the drive from Memphis to NOLA.

Are there any areas we should "not" be stopping on the way?

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from memphis to NOLA

If you are doing the journey within one day on Highway 61 you won't have much time for anything other than kicking about a Blues Museum or two in Clarksdale or doing a quick tour of Vicksburg. If you are traveling I-55 and doing a more direct and quicker trip Madison, Mississippi is a nice attractive town in which to stop for lunch and other necessities. It's located just north of Jackson and is right off the interstate.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from memphis to NOLA

No offense to anyone in Jackson, but I would skip it. If we need to stop in the Jackson area, we like Ridgeland on the northern edge.

I agree with tnhighroad that Hwy 61 is by far the best route unless you're in a hurry.

3. Re: Driving from memphis to NOLA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:16