We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extended Stay

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Extended Stay

I am in need of an Extended Stay hotel close to downtown. We will be in Memphis a total of 11 nights. I have checked out the reviews on several Extended Stay properties and they don't leave much to be desired. This chain however fits my budget for this trip. I don't mind driving just as long as its not over 20 minutes give or take. I have ruled out the Extended Stay Airport location. They don't have a pool. I have a couple of teenagers that like to swim. Is the Apple Tree or Quail Hollow property a good location and in good condition? I appreciate any suggestions, advice, or comments offered. Thanks!

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,790 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extended Stay

Apple Tree is in a bit of a sketchy area, but the Quali Hollow location would be good. There's plenty of good dining choices in the area and fairly easy interstate access.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extended Stay

The T.A. guest ranking of that property (Extended Stay, Quail Hollow) is 78 out of 135, so its right in the middle of the pack as far as guests are concerned. This brand is rarely perceived near the top, so considering its location (good, quiet) I'd say it suites your needs adequately.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 13:28
san diego
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Extended Stay

Thanks very much for your responses. Quail Hollow does not have a pool. What about the Horizon or Cordova locations, they both have pools?? The Appletree location does have a pool, however I will heed your advice about the area. Thanks again for your help!

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extended Stay

That ESA hotel is a bit far into the sketchy side of the tracks. It may, however be a well maintained, secure property, I don't know. A couple of competitively priced lodging choices near the expressway to Downtown with secure pool areas would be: Drury Inn Sycamore View and Staybridge Motor Inn at Ridgeway Center.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,790 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extended Stay

Drury Inn on Sycamore View is no longer a Drury Inn. I drove past there a couple of weeks ago and believe its become a Comfort Inn or Quality Inn. Something along those lines.

Of the two you mentioned, I would take the one on Horizon as it has easier interstate access. Either of those two locations would be in safe areas with plenty of nearby dining choices.

san diego
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Extended Stay

Ok, thanks for your input. I have been a Trip Advisor member for several years now and always can count on fellow members for great information. Thanks again!

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,790 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extended Stay

You're so welcome.

8. Re: Extended Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 06:16