We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memphis Birthday dinner for sweet 16 year old girl

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, MS
Level Contributor
93 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Memphis Birthday dinner for sweet 16 year old girl

My husband and I will be bringing our daughter turning "Sweet 16" to Memphis next weekend. We are eating lunch at Texas de Brazil and staying at The Peabody. Where is somewhere else that we can take her to eat that she will really enjoy? Also, is there somewhere that I could order her a cake or cupcakes too? Thanks for your help!

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memphis Birthday dinner for sweet 16 year old girl

Felicia Suzanne is an upscale Southern cuisine eatery three blocks from the Peabody with owner / chef Felicia Willett available to do a special dessert treat if asked. Chez Phillipe is a 4 star, 4 diamond French restaurant in the Peabody which serves proper English style High Tea Tuesday through Saturday afternoons.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,773 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memphis Birthday dinner for sweet 16 year old girl

I don't know if you've done this, but be sure to sign up for Texas de Brazil's email updates. They often send out offers that help offset the price.

I've answered your cake question on your other post, but TDB has some pretty yummy desserts.

For some other fun downtown dining choices, check out Majestic Grille, Flight, McEwans or Itta Bena for starters.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memphis Birthday dinner for sweet 16 year old girl

We loved the Magestic...was "special"...but don't know your daughters taste & hobbies, but it is walking distance from the hotel. Also, be sure you make your reservation for 800 or later so you can go to the rooftop terrace at the Peabody and watch the sunset over the river.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memphis Birthday dinner for sweet 16 year old girl

I'm an old fashioned kind of guy so I like the Majestic Grille too

But there are some great places mentioned

Unless you have a specific theme for the cake it should work out fine having your hotel take care of it

Columbus, MS
Level Contributor
93 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memphis Birthday dinner for sweet 16 year old girl

Thanks so much for all of the helps and the tips!

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,773 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Memphis Birthday dinner for sweet 16 year old girl

You're so welcome.

7. Re: Memphis Birthday dinner for sweet 16 year old girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:17