We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

Hi

Posted a general thread before and got some good feedback so now I think I'm a position to put a provisional itinerary up to see what people think, suggest etc.

Monday 22 sep-

9am - civil rights museum

11am - rock n soul museum

1pm - walk about and take in Beale st sights, check out autozone park, Orpheum, Schwabbs etc

4.30 - head to Peabody to see the ducks

Evening- party it up on Beale

Tuesday 23 sep-

9am - sun studio

11am - Graceland

2pm - check out Stax museum and Mason Temple en route back to downtown area

Evening - party it up on Beale

With only 2 days admittedly my time is limited and I may have to compromise on some planned things. Had hoped to see the Mud Island but that prob unrealistic as the schedule listed is already pretty hectic.

Does this one I've listed seen do-able or is there any alterations you would suggest. Thanks

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,060 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

I think your plan sounds fine. NCRM might take you more than a couple of hours, but you have enough free time built in that afternoon that you'll be fine. You might be a bit later getting to Stax, depending on how much you see at Graceland. However, I still think you'll have enough time to see it.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

Cool, I should manage to blitz my round everything hopefully then.

Realistically I should have planned 3 full days in Memphis I think so it wasn't as rushed, but get, if I don't see it all, then there's always an excuse to come back !!

Of course i may potentially get a later bus through to Nashville on the Weds so I have that morning to do some stuff I've missed.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

If you like to move quick it's doable

I'd need a little more time to chill

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

Yeh normally I like to mix chilling with doing stuff. Maybe do one main touristy thing each day then chill out but I've slightly messed up my scheduling for this trip.

The Memphis part of the trip the only hectic part of my trip though, have 4 days in St Louis prior to Memphis which will be a far better mix. In hindsight I should have done 3 and 3 at both.

Onto Nashville and Atlanta after Memphis but have been to both places before so will really just be chilling here mainly.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,060 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

Sounds like a terrific trip! I'm a big fan of St. Louis since I'm a native. Lots to do there!!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

Thanks, yes I'm looking forward to the diversity of the 4 cities.

It would be rude not to tap into your great knowledge then Den of St.L too then. All I've really planned to def do is the Arch and going to the Baseball. Rest of time I intend to just chill out and soak up the sights and sounds of the different areas of the city. Anything you'd say I mustn't miss out on?

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,060 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

Martin, since this is the Memphis forum, I've sent you a private message about St. Louis.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

Graceland is further from Stax, I would do all of the downtown together instead of driving to whitehaven for Graceland then back downtown. It'd give you more time to enjoy.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

or perhaps do Graceland in the morning then head back to downtown fun

10. Re: How realistic a 2 day itinerary is this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Memphis